About This File
Grave Digger XIV was a monster truck built and driven by Dennis Anderson in 2001, and continued to operate under different drivers from 2004 to 2010. After winning the World Finals Freestyle Championship in 2000, while having a sub-par head-to-head track record all season, Dennis decided to build Grave Digger XIV as a way to increase racing performance, and maintain freestyle performance after leaving Grave Digger VII. The truck debuted in 2001. Although having not won Dennis any Championships, this build is most famous for being piloted by Dennis during his 20th Anniversary season in 2002. Dennis later passed the truck down to Grave Digger and Blacksmith driver Carl Van Horn in 2004, while Dennis relocated to the freshly built Grave Digger XIX, which won him the World Finals Racing Championship that year.
A project that required much patience, much time, much effort, and a whole lot of people. A lot of fun to make, besides some ups and downs that may have been had. Glad to have been able to step up my truck making game with this!
- Grave Digger XIV (2001)
- Grave Digger XIV (2002) (20th Anniversary)
- Grave Digger XIV (2003)
- Grave Digger XIV (2004) (Van Horn)
Possible additions may be made in the future!
- Me: Chassis overhaul, headers overhaul, Blender work, node/beam editing, shock package editing, spec map work, various bakes, texture editing, lexan, sponsor plates, axle fixes, flag textures on Grave Digger XIV 2001 and 2002
- Kozak: Original chassis, original headers
- Harlow: Body
- Micah: 2002, 2003, and 2004 paints, logo, support
- Marcelo: Flare work
- Blaise: Tire shaving, node/beam help, soundscript fixes, rim edits, body mounts, 2001 paint, support
- xyrose: Driver suit
- Marty: Shock testing, node/beam testing, handling testing, rim edits, support
- Blake: Shock testing, handling testing
- Wambo: Engine
- Ryan: Gauges
- Fernando: Radiators, engine fans, fuel cell, fire extinguisher
- DanDon: RII box, RII lights, RII pin, fuel/power kill box
- Steele: Switches
- Klayton: Original shock models, transmission, battery
- Johan: Foam pads, rims
- John Dough: Original tires
- Crazy: Shifter, ISP seat
- Racing Sim Developers Group: Driver model
- Helen Weales: Driver model edits
- Will: Beautiful mini and video
- Sim-Monsters: Anything I may have forgotten to list (please let me know so I can add you!)
Video showcase, courtesy of Will Meyer:
This truck has not been tested in legacy versions of Rigs of Rods and it is unknown whether it is compatible in such. Please do not complain that it is not!