About This File
Blacksmith was a monster truck built and driven by Pablo Huffaker in 2001, and made frequent appearances in many events until 2007. It was piloted an extensive list of talent, including Pablo Huffaker, when he wasn't behind the wheel of a Grave Digger truck, Ryan Huffaker, Aaron Basl, Carl Van Horn, and Norm Miller. The truck is most famous for its wild crash into the dumpsters at World Finals II, but also pulled off feats such as becoming the runner-up in the World Finals V, and winning Pablo his first World Finals championship in 2007 after the truck was converted to Captain's Curse. After its 2007 victory, the Captain's Curse name was transferred onto a new chassis, and the original Blacksmith chassis was retired.
A man once asked me "last one wasn't good enough? XD". To that, I replied "nope, my work is never done until it's perfect". Many advancements were made over the previous iteration of the pack, including fixed nodes, updated props, and improved accuracy. Merry Christmas!
The DEFINITIVE Blacksmith collection, featuring EVERY VERSION that EVER ran, as well as Captain's Curse before its chassis swap.
- World Finals II
- 2002, Grey Beadlocks
- 2002, Red Beadlocks
- 2002, Purple Beadlocks
- 2002, Atlanta
- 2003, Season
- 2003, World Finals IV
- 2004, Season
- 2004, World Finals V
- 2005, World Finals VI
- 2006, World Finals VII
- 2007, Season
- Blacksmith (Bodyless)
- Captain's Curse (World Finals VIII)
- Me: Chassis overhaul, headers edits, Blender work, node/beam editing, shock package editing, various bakes, texture editing, lexan, sponsor plates, axles fixes, shock shaft fixes, rim recoloring, Captain's Curse flag, flag textures on Blacksmith 2002 Atlanta, World Finals IV, World Finals VI, and World Finals VII
- Kozak: Original chassis, original headers
- Activision: Body, original paints
- Alan E: Paints
- Blaise: Tire shaving, body mounts
- Marty: Testing, quality inspection, support
- Wambo: Engine
- Ryan: Gauges
- Fernando: Radiators, engine fans, fuel cell, fire extinguisher, air filter
- Andrew: Radiators, engine fans, fuel cell
- DanDon: RII box, RII lights, RII pin, fuel/power kill box
- Steele: Switches
- Klayton: Original shock models, transmission, battery
- Johan: Rims
- John Dough: Original tires
- Crazy: Shifter, ISP seat
- Racing Sim Developers Group: Driver model
- Helen Weales: Driver model edits
- Will: Beautiful minis and screenshots
- Sim-Monsters: Anything I may have forgotten to list (please let me know so I can add you!)
This truck has not been tested in legacy versions of Rigs of Rods and it is unknown whether it is compatible in such. Please do not complain that it is not!
What's New in Version 1.0.1 See changelog
- Body clipping issues fixed.