Blender Mesh Importer for 2.49b

AaronLurie

Question

I highly doubt anyone is able to help me here, but anytime I want to import something into blender (Like a stadium) to make a track, It says Python Script Error and states that I have more than 16 materials. I have tried deleting materials from the material file and from the xml file, but that doesn't help. I tried a different importer I found online, but it doesn't import textures and everything is joined, making it impossible to re-texture. 

I would love it if someone would help me fix my importer so I can import things and make new things.

#HelpMeMakeTracksAgain

6 answers to this question

I can get the model in blender by doing that, but I need the textures and re-texturing something that is completely joined together is very hard and takes a very long time. If there is a way to get it in blender with all the textures or at least textures linked to it so it's easier to re-texture.

4 hours ago, Dantesinferno52 said:

Can you explain what he did to solve this for you?

Put this into your script folder http://puu.sh/pJdVP/0b399b0ff1.zip

The importer is called OGRE3D Mesh Importer in blender. Make sure that the scale factor is set to 100 in the import window. When you import the object, it will import with all the textures as different objects, but untextured. You need to select every object and double tap tab on it (edit mode back to object mode). When doing this, you should see the model go from black to grey in solid mode. If you don't do this, the texture will disappear when you click off of the object. Texture the separated objects are you normally would.