Hey Everbody How do I get started

Duncan Tave

Well, first of all, welcome to Sim Monsters! If you're new to Rigs of Rods, then I'd go over to their forum and introduce yourself. If you're not new to RoR but new to SM, let me give you a few things you should do:

To get used to some of the files and mods lingering around:

-Download Sim Monsters V4 in the Downloads section, and put it in vehicles under Rigs of Rods (keep it in the zip)

-This is optional, but you can download Chris Hamilton's or Edy Beltran's V4 updates and put their content in the smv4 zip (replace all files that are asked)

-Depending on your client version, download some tracks dedicated to that client version (0.37 or 0.4). 0.4 tracks go in packs, and 0.37 tracks go in terrains, I believe

-Test out some of your new trucks by opening Rigs of Rods, selecting a map, and selecting a vehicle in the Simulation drop-down

-Read some forums in the download section to get some recommendations on what other trucks you should download

-REMEMBER: Anything in the 0.4 category goes in packs, while 0.37 trucks go in the smv4 pack and you must convert 0.37 terrains to 0.4

To get used to people around the forums:

-Read some forums in topics of your interest

-Don't be afraid to ask questions and post your ideas! That's what we're here for!

-Participate in events like Fun Runs and such

-Interact with the community by using your interests, hobbies, and stuff like that as support

-Try to stay out of trouble with the moderators by keeping it under 18 friendly wherever you post

I hope you find these tips useful!