Rockgod88 Tuturials

Rockgod Tuturials?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Headlight tutorial?

2. 2. Would you like to see a Swaybar tutorial?

3. 3. Would you like a In depth Blender tutorial (Lexan, Fiberglass, Texturing)

4. 4. Would you like Voice over or text?

I'll make some tutorials if i can get 10 or more yeses per question. 

Headlights-How to add working headlights to your trucks

Swaybars-How to line up swaybars to your meshes

Indepth-Small things like fiberglassing a body, making lexan, basic baking

Voice over-who wants to hear me or see me type in a .txt file.....

Your choice....

1 hour ago, Dalton Erkenbrecher said:

Personally, Id like a tutorial on lining things up. thats the only reason I wont make trucks, nothing lines up. 

As in lining stuff up ingame?

lG1h5wR.jpg

TwK40GO.jpg

Before exporting, you just need to have the Location X, Y, and Z, the Rotation X, Y, and Z and the Median X, Y, and Z zeroed out. This puts the mesh dead center in the x y and z axis, and when you export it, it will line up very close if not perfectly ingame. 

7 hours ago, Dalton Erkenbrecher said:

Personally, Id like a tutorial on lining things up. thats the only reason I wont make trucks, nothing lines up. 

I showed how to line things up in my other video... I lined up a chassis and body.

14 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

As in lining stuff up ingame?

lG1h5wR.jpg

TwK40GO.jpg

Before exporting, you just need to have the Location X, Y, and Z, the Rotation X, Y, and Z and the Median X, Y, and Z zeroed out. This puts the mesh dead center in the x y and z axis, and when you export it, it will line up very close if not perfectly ingame. 

screenshot_11.png

This happened, lol.

2 hours ago, Dalton Erkenbrecher said:

This happened, lol.

Then your alignment numbers in your .truck file are way off. Someone must have adjusted them when they didn't export the meshes with them dead zero in blender. Find a stock V4 truck's set of numbers and copy them over.

Edited by Jon Cannon

4 hours ago, Dalton Erkenbrecher said:

i did, And thats what happened. Those are Get-er-done.

Well then. It might be because your body and chassis are separate meshes, or you have the body mesh on the lines designed for the chassis, and the chassis mesh on the lines designed for the body. Or the Get Er Done body and chassis weren't exported at dead zero in blender.

props
28,25,9, .62, 0.5, 0.65, 0, -90, 0, FyreWithinMain.mesh

In this section of the .truck file, the ".62" moves the mesh along the x axis, or front to back. The higher the number, the farther back, the lower the number, the farther forward. The "0.5" moves the mesh along the Y axis, or left to right, but if you zero everything out in Blender, this most of the time comes out completely accurate. And the "0.65" moves the mesh up and down, or on the Z axis. The higher the number, the lower the mesh, the lower the number, the higher the mesh. Just play with it a little bit. 

Edited by Jon Cannon