Show Your Projects Chapter 49

bkelly

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Sorry to go back on this subject again, but I don't think we can get people to stop asking for things, we have tried for years, and it has got us no where, the best thing I think we need to do is just ditch the syp thread, if you have a project you're working on, and you want to share it, just show it to you're friends, and people you trust, otherwise sitting here arguing isn't going to get anyone anywhere, some people are just hard headed , and won't listen, and if that's the case they don't deserve to see our work.

I can definitely see where you're going with this. As much as I love syp, it could be for the better. People become too demanding and impatient when they start drooling over something cool they saw. Eventually when this generation of great content creators passes and the next one arises, there will be nothing different- just different people demanding. But at the same time I wanted to have the honor of hosting chapter 50. :(

My first truck is currently undergoing prop placement testing and is confirmed to be released sometime tomorrow, approval not being counted.

48 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Sorry to go back on this subject again, but I don't think we can get people to stop asking for things, we have tried for years, and it has got us no where, the best thing I think we need to do is just ditch the syp thread, if you have a project you're working on, and you want to share it, just show it to you're friends, and people you trust, otherwise sitting here arguing isn't going to get anyone anywhere, some people are just hard headed , and won't listen, and if that's the case they don't deserve to see our work, or maybe make the syp thread only accessible by a password.

as much as I could agree, this thread is a nice thing to see, after all we are actually seeing stuff being made and that way it hypes it up and people can't wait to have it, then when they see it's up for download they would kill someone if it would prevent them from getting said vehicle or track. I don't know maybe there is a better way for it to be done, maybe (as much as I don't like to say this) we should look at other forums and see how they do disciplinary actions to the ones who don't follow the rules (or maybe and big giant red text or something at the top of the header saying not to demand as it could result in a temp forum mute?) 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Sorry to go back on this subject again, but I don't think we cant get people to stop asking for things, we have tried for years, and it has got us no where, the best thing I think we need to do is just ditch the syp thread, if you have a project you're working on, and you want to share it, just show it to you're friends, and people you trust, otherwise sitting here arguing isn't going to get anyone anywhere, some people are just hard headed , and won't listen, and if that's the case they don't deserve to see our work, or maybe make the syp thread only accessible by a password.

If I may, here's my two cents -- a lot of these people are young, probably with little to no online forum experience, and even though common sense should prevent the sort of poor behavior we've been seeing, unfortunately it doesn't because they simply do not know any better. No one is born ignorant -- it's all in what you are taught, or maybe more importantly, what you are not taught that causes ignorance. I remember joining the MTM2 community when I was about 15 and doing some pretty cringe-worthy things because I simply did not know any better, but I eventually learned what good behavior is and how to properly interact with people. I've noticed a lot of forums now require passing a short quiz which I assume also cuts down on immature BS  -- this might be something to consider. I also think if there was a warning system and eventual bans (temporary and permanent) given out for begging, name calling, trolling, even repeatedly reposting images in quotes, etc it might clean this place up if strictly enforced. It's possible to still have a fun forum with tighter rules. As is, it's kind of a free-for-all, and as anyone has probably noticed in the real world (depending on where you live), this doesn't work so well. This should be a place that provides a creative outlet for people, and sharing is an important part of the process because it allows for feedback and constructive criticism which improves skills (and content for all of us to enjoy). Who knows, some of the broad work that people are doing here could eventually lead to them becoming future automobile/industrial designers, racing engineers, programmers etc -- sky's the limit.

Edit: I also think more tutorials might inspire new members to start creating content rather than begging. For me, jumping into RoR blindly was a very daunting task, I had a difficult time finding decent tutorials and it took me a long time to figure out certain things on my own, which I assume most people do not have the patience to do.

• Upvote 5

Funny thing is that I never get harassed about releasing stuff, though I release my stuff for everyone to use however they like, within reasonable time frames and rarely post photos in SYP to indicate what I am working on or to get dem upvotes. But who I am kidding, like anyone cares about chassis's. 
Nobody is under obligation to release what they post nor do they have to respond to others inquiring about their content. This issue is only as large as you people make it to be, so no there will never be a password protected SYP thread.
Look how well our locked V3/4 pack forum section did, we had people attempting to scam site accounts, AIM accounts, skype accounts, emails, etc just to get whatever they could. Funny however that some of us forget being young conniving poo heads on the internet but maybe that is just me.

• Upvote 1

I think we should make a new thread to discuss the future of SYP. I come on here to view new projects and I enjoy this thread, but this one is just getting filled up with a lot of off topicy stuff.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

#bigdump

Time Flys is supposed to have BKT's? Learn something new everyday... lmao. Looks good though!

EDIT (cue 2hrsl8r_Spongebob.mp3):

2 hours and no one's posted? Well let me break that right now!

My first truck has been uploaded to Sim Monsters and is pending approval from the mods

Funky Blacksmith Custom, anyone?

iaZbMD8.png

• Upvote 4