How do you knew Monster trucks?

Swegliner849

Lets see, MTM2 was my first MT addiction around early 2000s then I had the Green Ghost Digger toy and that's probably why I love the design, (BTW I can't find it it think my dad threw it out :'( ) then i was fully addicted to the 25 chrome digger (I drew like 10 pictures of it and custom painted a hotwheels the best i could) then Toronto Monster Jam 2008 was my first MJ show, I drew pictures every truck.... then in 09 we went again and I saw Dennis win the Double down B) then after that it escalated to the way it is now :)

the story of my life, with alot of 'then's

My birthday present in '08 included Monster Jam: Urban Assault. Couple of months later, I got hooked to it on my PSP, then I saw that Monster Jam was an actual thing, and so I then started watching Monster Jam everyday on Speed.

Grew up going to shows (first one when I was 3) and just loving the Hot wheels die cast's when I was little. Got more into actually wanting to work on trucks and crew in the past few years, made "some" progress on that goal XD.

Long post incoming.

• I was introduced to them shortly after I was born. My parents would buy me Hot Wheels a lot, and eventually I got some Monster Trucks, some of which I still have today.
  • I had a 1/43 Beast, 1/43 Jurassic Attack, 1/43 Grave Digger, 1/64 UnderCoverz Bounty Hunter, and 1/64 UnderCoverz Grave Digger, which was my dad's because he also liked Monster trucks. I still have every one of them except for the 1/43 Grave Digger, which was replaced. The Jurassic Attack body is broken in the connection to the chassis, and that's from rough use. The Beast is still in fairly good condition in terms of the body, but the paint is pretty much done. The Bounty Hunter is scratched on one side and I only have the body because the chassis and base are lost. I searched everywhere. The 1/64 Grave Digger was recently repaired using permanent marker for chips, but the wheel broke off with my brute force trying to bend the axles back into shape.
  • My favorite truck became Grave Digger.
  • I watched Monster Jam on Speed all the time with my dad when I was little, and had the souvenir DVDs (Circuit Champions and Tour Crushers) that I would watch over and over.
  • I made a World Finals course for my then expanding collection of trucks made out of markers and crayons and raced.
  • In 2007, I got the Monster Jam game for my PS2 and me and my dad played it all the time, beating it at least 4 times because of corruptions. I still have the game for Xbox and I'm working on 100% completion all-round, including achievements (100% on Normal, about 50% on Pro).
  • I continued to watch Monster Jam, but my obsession was on and off between it and Transformers, usually lasting for months at a time.
  • I also fell in love with the Green Ghost Digger and 25th Chrome Digger (like rockgod) because 1) I had a 1/24 scale green Digger from my Aunt which I still have in nice condition 2) I had at least 2 different versions of chrome Digger in 1/64 3) chrome is bae. Nuff said.
  • I drifted away from monster trucks after Speed was taken off the air and FS1 took over and supremely f-cked up the schedule, as I couldn't see them anymore.
  • I couldn't buy anymore trucks because the only stores around were two Wal Marts, who apparently have a severe addiction to Grave Digger. Toys r Us was recently demolished at that time.
  • I had different obsessions and also drifted away from Transformers and got into different video game franchises, like Gran Turismo, Halo, and Resident Evil.
  • Recently, after being on this site for a little, knowing there are people who love Monster Jam as much as I do and aren't afraid to show it, I got back into collecting MJ trucks, watching MJ, and collecting mods for RoR. I also have gotten back into Transformers with only 3 in my collection that aren't broken into unfixable pieces. Sad.
  • Not sure about the future, but I'm in the process of obtaining a collection of all 4 Grave Digger 30th trucks for a low price, a collection worth more than $100. If you snipe my f-cking bid, I will hunt you down, rob you of your trucks, and kill you in your sleep. Love you! :D (I would sit in rage in my room for 3 hours and fall asleep, wake up with a hangover headache, and forget everything)

End long post.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...