What if you want to join a league

Duncan Tave

30 minutes ago, Duncan_Tave said:

What if you want to join a league for example SMFM

Well, if I were you, I'd sign up for a few fun-runs or King of the Hill events first, to see how online events are ran here. A fun-run or KOTH even is a one-night event. To sign-up for a league, choose a league in the directory, figure out when they run, and sign-up if the sign-ups are open. All leagues are different, some are replica leagues (replica tracks and trucks) or custom leagues (custom tracks and/or trucks). There's also leagues like SMFM which are freestyle only. SMRA is a custom league, and you also have an in-game budget that you have to keep track of. Every league uses a chat program; here's the most popular:

AIM

Discord

Teamspeak

Some people will also use Skype for fun-runs.

Some leagues use 0.3.7, others 0.4.6.

Most leagues will be qualify-to-compete. meaning you will have to qualify and only the fastest times can compete. Other leagues are first-come-first-serve though. 

Lastly, don't be afraid to meet the people here! Sometimes you can learn a thing or two from an experienced competitor.

2 hours ago, bkelley said:

Lastly, don't be afraid to meet the people here! Sometimes you can learn a thing or two from an experienced competitor.

I'd like to add to this

Try not to ask stupid questions like me. You will become an embarrassment and most likely get looked down on by the more experienced. Make sure you read a little on the archives and such before you join the league you want.