*EVERYBODY PLEASE READ*

obsessionracing

The sad part is that most of the immature kids that continuously ask when stuff will be released, and the lazy people who don't even try to make stuff, most likely wont even read this, something needs to be done, like raising the age limit, or being more strict. I personally think adding a password to the syp thread would be a good idea, and only letting trust worthy members, and content creators post in it would help. All i'm saying is something bigger needs to be done instead of a page explaining immaturity, and respect. We already have had many people post things just like this, and they have never done anything to help, and everyone knows not everyone will read it. This whole community is slowly deteriorating, it seems the amount of underage immature kids are starting to overtake the amount of mature people. Less, and less leagues, things to do, special events, no more streaming (especially sad because we have this new version of ror that does not crash, and isn't nearly as much of a hassle) ext.

• Upvote 7

As much as I agree with all that's been said here, lets take a moment to ponder some positives. We know what's wrong we have gotten all the info we can out of analyzing the problem. 

I think SYP has just recently started to experience an increase in production. Much of this content is unavailable now, but with patience, we will see a surge in content soon. So everybody creating, unite and help each other! Most importantly, ignore the posts you don't want to see. It's tough, but it's time for  a fulltime shunning of the bad crowd around here. 

Don't let the wienees win!

P.S. special shout out to Jon Cannon for all the quoted picture deleting! 

• Upvote 2

One thing I've noticed is that some people get into this game to an extreme degree. These people get to the point where they will caps rage and spam a forum for a virtual monster truck or track. Some people act as if Rigs of Rods and its content are the center of their lives and they will die without it. I just wish these people would sit back and realize they are causing a stir over something that doesn't even exist outside of a computer. 

• Upvote 2

If you ask me another issue is people just quoting everything just to say a three word post, over on the RoR forums there are a few threads where you can't post unless there's a pic in it, so maybe that could work in SYP.

Or there should be a word limit of words you have to type more then. ( EX 25 words at least) I think this would work better and be more effective.....

I go with passwording SYP.  I think that's a great idea because we get to keep SYP and the only people that can view/post there are people that have proven that they can behave themselves online. Passwording it also only keeps it to the ones in it, and by that I mean this: 

Before I post this, no offense at all to any of the Instagram fan page people here on SM (I know there's a few of you, and some of you are even pretty nice people).

I've gone and viewed these fan pages, and a lot of the people who have these pages have RoR and come here for trucks/tracks. With SYP open to anyone for viewing, I've seen screenshots of Edy's WF 17 get reposted on Instagram and a lot of people start asking when they can have it and I think some of the problem starts there. With a password protected SYP, only members that we think are mature enough to view a project and not get upset when they can't have it will be in that forum. This might also push the people who want back in to start making content in order to have a reason to post there. 

Maybe even make new members read the rulebook during sign-up and take a short quiz over it. If they break a rule, give them one warning, after that, a ban for a reasonable amount of time.

I'd say I know this site somewhat well, and I'd say that a lot of people here know me (I've been here for two years and I've gotten familiar with online events). But I'm seeing more and more new members who aren't doing their part in keeping this site alive. 

I don't want this site to become like Mayhem, where it's so dead they get maybe a post every few days. I like this site and appreciate the admins and people who keep it running for what they do, and I don't want it to die. I feel like the SM content makers is a good reason RoR has stayed alive for so long, and if the site with a ton of exclusive content (you can't get the RoR monster trucks or tracks from anywhere else, besides the few the RoR repo had, which are outdated) goes down, all that content is lost, and only the creators will have the projects, if they kept the original files. 

• Upvote 2

All of your opinions are definitely good ideas on how to keep this site alive. The kids who are spamming "give me this now" and "when will this be released" are driving our content creators to the brink. I don't think an age ban will work because it is just that easy to fake your age in the sign up page, and lie to the people who ask. I've seen it done. Also, a lot of people who make content or starting to make content are under the age of 16 (like myself). The password on SYP is the best idea I've seen so far, but the only question I have is that even if you make content, how will you be able to prove you're worthy of access?

I appreciate the content that gets posted here and can wait for the creators to post new stuff. Other people are different. Banning to some people on this site should definitely be a work in progress idea. They repeatedly brush off warnings and such and continually break the rules and, really, piss off the content creators that spend hours out of their day, days out of their week, to give us nice things on this site. What they don't understand is that it's a privilege, not a right.

This site has been my safe haven for the past month now, and to see it go down like this would be a crying shame, because it's so stupid that people's minds in the 21st century work like they're the king of everything and everyone and everything is served to them on a silver platter at the snap of their fingers.

I'm definitely trying to start content creating, even if my stuff is bad, it's something. I'm trying to be one of the people that boosts the content up for the greater good. We need people to start doing it more to repel the community of beggars.

SYP is about to make it to 50. If we can keep it alive for another 50 chapters, that would be great. It sounds unrealistic now but if we keep the site alive with new and aspiring creators then it's possible. Maybe after 50 we start getting passwords?

I really have nothing more to say because everybody that's posted said what I've said better. Even if this thread is not to be read by many of the desperate beggars, it may get out to some, and the word will be spread. Maybe this thread will be this site's sinister savior.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Aeris Syrius said:

I'm definitely trying to start content creating, even if my stuff is bad, it's something. I'm trying to be one of the people that boosts the content up for the greater good. We need people to start doing it more to repel the community of beggars.

Just stick with making content and naturally you'll improve. 

About proving that you can have a password to SYP, a lot of admins who might set up the password already know a good portion of members on here. They have an idea who will act like a child and they know who won't. I'm assuming that being a content creator might grant access (with some exceptions, like MJSeriesTV, and those types of content making). New members could be given access if they act mature on the forums for a span of time or whatever.

I guess another issue would be protecting that password.

I don't think adding a password is a good idea... It's not right to limit some people to not getting to see one of the most popular threads on this site. We are trying to progress this site back into the active community that it once was, and by limiting the SYP thread to only certain members, It would make them want to be less active on SM most likely. 

You have to look at the age group that monster trucks actually cater to, the one thing remaining constant is that those established people have gotten older, people have jobs, girlfriends, college, etc. Real life eventually takes over and peoples free time for this game dwindles. The only way to maintain any progress forward is to have new blood added. Funny thing is if people had their way right from the start, Johan, Mark C, Eddy, etc would still be banned from the site, so before going all "build a wall keep them out!" maybe reflect and bit and humble ourselves just a touch, ya?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...