Where Do I Even Begin???

LOMTL2016

Question

Hello All,

it's been a while since I've been on here. So, I don't know if this has been asked or answered. So, I saw the Bodies Pack that was uploaded to here the other day. And it got me thinking, I really want to make my own trucks. I have many drawings(even though their pretty crappy). So, I downloaded the Blender files of the scrapyard here. But, the program is very confusing for someone with as little computer experience as me. So, here I ask, where do I start? I'm beginning to learn the keyboard shortcuts for the program, but other than a few obvious ones, I know nothing. So, to you pros out there, maybe you can answer the question? Hopefully. Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, LOMTL2016 said:

Hello All,

it's been a while since I've been on here. So, I don't know if this has been asked or answered. So, I saw the Bodies Pack that was uploaded to here the other day. And it got me thinking, I really want to make my own trucks. I have many drawings(even though their pretty crappy). So, I downloaded the Blender files of the scrapyard here. But, the program is very confusing for someone with as little computer experience as me. So, here I ask, where do I start? I'm beginning to learn the keyboard shortcuts for the program, but other than a few obvious ones, I know nothing. So, to you pros out there, maybe you can answer the question? Hopefully. Thanks in advance

go to the home page and go down, there are some tutorials

Well, assuming you've already downloaded blender from the site, you're gonna want to download the essential files for blender on THIS site in the downloads section. That'll let you export, import, and do other things with Ogre, a very important essential to creating trucks on this game. Look up OgreMeshTool v1.3.1 on Google and download it, it will allow you to view .mesh files without loading RoR all the time. Also, make sure your version of blender is 2.49b or else you won't be able to work with some components.

To learn the very basics of blender, look up tutorials on YouTube.

Rockgod88 has a tutorial up on the site under Rigs of Rods in Tutorials. If you follow his tutorial, you'll have your first truck up within a few days!

Thanks for taking an interest in my pack! Maybe we've got some upcoming new blood of content!