Some trucks lag

TruckMonster

Question

5 answers to this question

If there's an option, use the FPS version of the truck or download the Low Quality Mirror of the mod. Otherwise, unless you want the truck to come out looking weird, I'd suggest not touching the truck's files and clearing space on your computer, or running RoR without anything open. This is only to my knowledge, but others may be able to help you more.

• Upvote 1

I dont mind a little "weird" as long as its functional lol  its mostly for my 3 yr old nephew. i'm no expert for sure, but i have been able to change tires in the truck files before so i'm not totally against tinkering,unless the creators are against their things being altered.

P.S. even the fps versions of Carolina Crusher and Gas Monkey give me super lag

Edited by TruckMonster

1 hour ago, TruckMonster said:

Most of the newer trucks make my old crappy computer lag when i try to drive them.I was wondering if there are any parts i maybe could remove myself or change that would help me run some of those.Any suggestions?

One thing that you can do that will definitely improve framerate is remove the high quality knuckles -  LucasOilCrusaderKnuckle.mesh or LucasOilCrusaderKnuckle1.mesh, and replace them with the old original V4 ones:

42,43,51, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BlackSteeringKnuckle.mesh
62,63,75, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BlackSteeringKnuckle.mesh

67,68,74, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BlackSteeringKnuckle1.mesh
37,38,52, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BlackSteeringKnuckle1.mesh

You could also change the rims to something less quality, like the stock v4 beadlock wheels, I think they're GraveDiggerRim.mesh

Some of the new tires can also lag old computers quite a bit, I would use some of the stock v4 tires, which you could find the names for in a stock V4 truck file. 

You can also resize the textures to something smaller, I wouldn't go any lower than 1024x1024.

I would also turn the settings all the way down, other than Anisotropic filtering, as it makes the game look better without any performance drop.

Edited by Jon Cannon
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TruckMonster said:

Haven't tried it yet but many thanks for the info Jon.I'll be knee deep in truck files if anyone needs me...   lol

No problem. I forgot to mention that trucks with coil over shocks, like on the Maximum Destruction's, are pretty bad frame rate killers as well to older computers, so I would definitely remove those.

Edited by Jon Cannon