Lag over cars at some tracks?

supercharge71

Question

I get lag over cars on some tracks not all, its a small hiccup. I don't know why but its like the frames dip below 30fps while everywhere else gets 60fps. My pc specs are: CPU: AMD Fx-8350, GPU: GTX 580 1.4GB, RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB. I can more than handle Rigs of Rods maxed out but I need to know what to turn down specifically to fix the hiccup I am having and keep everything smooth, or at least be told the reason behind it. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

4 answers to this question

I used to have an AMD FX-6300 and had the same problem over cars and anything with a significant amount of verts. Unfortunately, I think it's an AMD thing because I switched to an i7 6700K and don't have that problem anymore. However, I only had the lag issues in ROR 0.37. 0.4 ran very well with the fx 6300, so if you are using 0.37, I think it's an optimization issue.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

I used to have an AMD FX-6300 and had the same problem over cars and anything with a significant amount of verts. Unfortunately, I think it's an AMD thing because I switched to an i7 6700K and don't have that problem anymore. However, I only had the lag issues in ROR 0.37. 0.4 ran very well with the fx 6300, so if you are using 0.37, I think it's an optimization issue.

I'm using .37, so yeah im pretty sure thats the reason. Too lazy to move to 0.4 and my league runs .37 so I guess I just have to deal with it. Thanks for the reply MJFanatic.

Not sure if its really an AMD problem..Im using a AMD Phenom ii X2 965, 8 gigs of ram, GT 710 GPU, I dont have lag at all with any version of RoR.

If your game is staying at 60 Fps, Turn off Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, as well as in the ROR config. I had a problem with it staying at 60 fps, turned it off, and now im in the 200's at all times.

This can actually help with a lot of games.

CS:GO

Vsync: 30 Fps.

No Vsync: 174 Fps.

RoR

Vsync: 60 Fps.

No Vsync: 200+ Fps.

Gta IV

Vsync: 16 Fps

No Vsync: 42 Fps

Remember, This is my setup, yours may be different, and it could honestly come down to anything. I would recommend looking around on Toms Hardware, You can fix anything if you read through enough forums.

37 minutes ago, Dalton Erkenbrecher said:

Not sure if its really an AMD problem..Im using a AMD Phenom ii X2 965, 8 gigs of ram, GT 710 GPU, I dont have lag at all with any version of RoR.

If your game is staying at 60 Fps, Turn off Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, as well as in the ROR config. I had a problem with it staying at 60 fps, turned it off, and now im in the 200's at all times.

This can actually help with a lot of games.

CS:GO

Vsync: 30 Fps.

No Vsync: 174 Fps.

RoR

Vsync: 60 Fps.

No Vsync: 200+ Fps.

Gta IV

Vsync: 16 Fps

No Vsync: 42 Fps

Remember, This is my setup, yours may be different, and it could honestly come down to anything. I would recommend looking around on Toms Hardware, You can fix anything if you read through enough forums.

Uh... Vsync literally locks your frame rate to a predetermined amount. With RoR it should lock to the amount of fps your monitor is actually capable of showing. The other games it should be an amount that you decide (could be wrong). If vsync were on the problem would still persist in this instance. I tend to keep it on because when I leave it off I get screen tearing.