Show Your Projects Chapter 51

fernBurn

5 minutes ago, DroppedSilver0 said:

He's talking about what paint scheme for the body is, he know's it's from the Rage pack but he didn't know what paint scheme it was

He's right. I know it was from the Rage pack because I can tell that's Rummel's chassis. and you said you were messing with fern's RAGE pack

Someone said it was from World Finals 9.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DroppedSilver0 said:

He's talking about what paint scheme for the body is, he know's it's from the Rage pack but he didn't know what paint scheme it was

7 minutes ago, Joey B. said:

He's right. I know it was from the Rage pack because I can tell that's Rummel's chassis. and you said you were messing with fern's RAGE pack

Someone said it was from World Finals 9.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, xyrose said:

It's the 2016 body?

10 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

+1 on more BIGFOOT trucks in this community. I've never understood the lack of them here (or at least accurate replicas) considering its historical importance, and the amount of beautiful trucks from their past. For example, the stance and suspension movement on BIGFOOT 9 would be an incredible sight in RoR...

MeEyDVx.jpg

If i weren't knee-deep in other projects I would definitely start by tackling this, the first few versions of 8, and Wildfoot.

Would need a 8th gen ford body though. 
I was attempting to make Bigfoot 8 but my modelling abilities past simple parts and chassis's are mediocre at best
foot8_zpsgbne7oiy.png

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

I was attempting to make Bigfoot 8 but my modelling abilities past simple parts and chassis's are mediocre at best

The 8th gen had the same cab and bed, so only a nose modification would be needed (although personally I think this 9th gen body needs a complete overhaul, but could be a good base). I think I'm going to attempt to make the body today (can't stop thinking about doing it). The biggest detail I that no one seems to get right with BF trucks are the wheel wells -- they had very specifically shaped wells, so this is important and I think I can pull it off. Making a frame from scratch wouldn't be necessary, but BF 8 & 9 had a lot of small details that other trucks did not have because of the suspension setups (especially when they had front and rear cantilevers), so some things would need to be added, especially for BF 8's front cantilevers. Luckily there are some greatly detailed photos of these trucks without the bodies. Areas that I would be concerned about are the motor, axles and other things like fuel cells, batteries etc -- these things are not my expertise at all and I fear I would end up getting a lot of it wrong/leaving out details. Is there already a Ford motor model that could be used?

Basically, I would be up for this if I had help with everything minus the body, frame, shocks, driver and paint. I can probably model/texture anything else as well, but I would want someone else to confirm that parts are accurate, or send them to be finished. The node/beam is also an issue as I am not experienced enough to do this, only fine-tune the handling. Also, these trucks ran mufflers and had a very specific motor sound (a personal favorite of mine) -- is there a muffler sound pack by any chance?

Sorry, maybe this should be in another thread.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Outlawed said:

So Bigfoot 8 was technically the modern version of a willman, but with a different suspension set up?

Edited by Jon Cannon

27 minutes ago, MonsterJamPro2K16 said:

So Bigfoot 8 was technically the modern version of a willman, but with a different suspension set up?

No, completely different beasts (although worked equally well). BF 8 was technically designed first (began in 1987, I think Taurus began in 1988). Basically, mostly every modern frame used is based off of Bob Chandler's design (like the one in the photo), with shock setups based on BF 14. BF 8/9's frame (and maybe others) were built by Dan Patrick, who then modified the design for his own company, PEI; then came everything else you see today (a lot who ignore BIGFOOT's existence :huh:)...

BF 8 test from 88/89:

wQ5Rhh1.jpg

EPVfrHE.jpg

Edit: Difference between 8 and all other BF's main frames:

K0B8wfs.jpg

• Upvote 1