Show Your Projects Chapter 51

fernBurn

i did both trucks and love how they turned out but dont know how to fit the rims with the tires, i would try and duplicate to upload but 

1. it never works for me because why not

2. main prob, i used to much trucks to put this together and i dont know where to even start to put these in a folder so they will work or even if i did know the truck props that i used i dont know what to get to put into a folder

FCWdvBD.png

46 minutes ago, NitrousInferno said:

Do you have any reference links? I've never actually seen the original but I've always wanted to.

0mbgAER.jpg

Straight from the link that Steinhaus posted. Hopefully I won't be sniped by Dennis Taft for reposting "his" images.

Edited by Jon Cannon
Edited Dennis Taft's stupid watermark out, because it pisses me off.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

Straight from the link that Steinhaus posted. Hopefully I won't be sniped by Dennis Taft for reposting "his" images.

My IP has been flagged by him so I'm not aloud to right click in his page otherwise I would have posted this pic directly...

35 minutes ago, steiale said:

My IP has been flagged by him so I'm not aloud to right click in his page otherwise I would have posted this pic directly...

You know that's just an in-browser popup, right? Your IP wasn't flagged. :P Plus, you can just drag the image into a new window or the desktop. 

Edited by Jon Cannon

31 minutes ago, steiale said:

My IP's been logged at least 20 times because of that guy. I still right click out of force of habit, I doubt he's gonna take any real action other than rage at me in his basement.

What he doesn't realize is that you can easily just drag the image onto your desktop and save it that way.

Sorry to take this further off topic, but I think people must realize Dennis Taft is from a different era when making such a site (or any website in general) was a HUGE pain in the ass, and in the 90s people were way more protective of content (for instance I remember when fan sites of any type would be taken down left and right). Obviously the internet is completely different now but he hasn't changed with the times. Having been there and done that, in a way I can understand why he is so protective of the images on his site, even if he has no understanding of the law. Also, when he made that site, there were no such things as tabs to drag and drop images in. Haha.

48 minutes ago, Helen Weales said:

Sorry to take this further off topic, but I think people must realize Dennis Taft is from a different era when making such a site (or any website in general) was a HUGE pain in the ass, and in the 90s people were way more protective of content (for instance I remember when fan sites of any type would be taken down left and right). Obviously the internet is completely different now but he hasn't changed with the times. Having been there and done that, in a way I can understand why he is so protective of the images on his site, even if he has no understanding of the law. Also, when he made that site, there were no such things as tabs to drag and drop images in. Haha.

That still doesn't give him the right to call images that he found off of the internet and images from yearbooks "his". He slaps his stupid little watermark on there, and calls them "his pictures", when they're not. Many a time on Monster Mayhem, he would see an image that he took from a website/was sent to him by someone who found it on a website, and go off on someone, interrogating them as to why they had taken "his" images without his "permission". I get that he's an older guy who put in a lot of work to build his website, and I'm glad he accomplished what he wanted to do to commemorate his love for monster trucks. But just because the image is on his website, doesn't mean it's his, and certainly doesn't mean that he can go off on someone when he more than likely found it the same place as the original poster. 

Edited by Jon Cannon
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

That still doesn't give him the right to call images that he found off of the internet and images from yearbooks "his". He slaps his stupid little watermark on there, and calls them "his pictures", when they're not. Many a time on Monster Mayhem, he would see an image that he took from a website/was sent to him by someone who found it on a website, and go off on someone, interrogating them as to why they had taken "his" images without his "permission". I get that he's an older guy who put in a lot of work to build his website, and I'm glad he accomplished what he wanted to do to commemorate his love for monster trucks. But just because the image is on his website, doesn't mean it's his, and certainly doesn't mean that he can go off on someone when he more than likely found it the same place as the original poster. 

I agree 100%, he has no concept of any copyright law. I was just looking at it from his point of view, how his scans and website were probably done during a time period when it took 15 minutes to scan one photo, another 30 to upload it online, and how he probably became frustrated when he would come across other sites using his scans. And like I mentioned about fan sites of any type always being shut down back in the 90s/early 00s, what he did was kind of common practice, but for different reasons -- Dennis doesn't actually own his images but thought/thinks he does because of the amount of time and effort put into the site. I suppose he means well. Regardless, I'm glad his site exists.

31 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

Wait wait wait, who the heck is Dennis Taft?

Dennis runs the Monster Truck Photo Album site.