Monster Truck Video Thread

Tom P.

8 hours ago, Skyliner849 said:

Monster jam streamed some highlights from the past years in facebook and i uploaded it to youtube

I remember those days when i woke up very early for seeing MJ in speed...

That's actually Crash Madness 8. Monster Jam never gave it a trailer or anything and just silently released it. It's the last of the series and they haven't made another one since. Which is a shame because the series was first made in 1998ish and the entire series has monster truck (CM 1 also featured motocross, demo derbies, tuff trucks and a bunch of other stuff) highlights spanning from the mid-late 80s and all the way to 2013. I have all of them on DVD and still watch one from time to time. It's interesting to watch the older ones, especially 2-5, and see how Monster Jam has evolved over the last 25 years (counting TNT Motorsports that makes it almost 30). Not to mention CM 5-7 have so much nostalgia since most highlights are from the time when I was a kid and would watch part of an episode at 7 before my school bus came. I really wish they would get another one out, showing 2014 to 2016. I wonder why they haven't, unless the sales began dying out. 

You could just change the video title to Crash Madness 8; I believe that's the only full upload on YouTube. I'd be cautious though, FELD could flag it or whatever. 

14 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Pretty sure they make one ever 2 years and CM8 was released in late-late 2013. Could be wrong though.

Usually each one covers two years; like 8 was 2012-13. And yes, 8 was released around Christmas in 2013. If there was a 9, and MJ followed this 2 year pattern, then 9 would be 2014-2015. I don't think they'll make another one; it seems like people don't watch dvds as much as they used to with online streaming and all of that stuff now (I still watch dvds and use them and I'm sure many people do, just not as many as before). And they released CM 8 in a way that seemed they did not want to continue the series. CM dvds usually got ads and stuff but MJ really scaled back on the promotion for 8. They also stopped doing dvds pretty much as a whole after 2013, besides the WF dvds. I remember between 2007 and 2013 they would make Digger Anniversary dvds, Freestyls, Crash Madness, Controlled Chaos, and a bunch of Mega Crash Madness with two discs in one and Chaotic. Also the True Life of Tom Meents, History of MTs in the Pontiac Silverdome, and the True Life of Madusa. After 2013 there weren't any more Freestyle dvds, CM dvds, there wasn't a Max-D 10th Anniv. dvd, and they stopped doing single presentations like the Max D backflip dvd. 

They really haven't released anything new besides the WF stuff and some old re-releases of some 80s footage. I don't think you can even find the 80s dvds on their website anymore. I don't think they want to make dvds at all anymore with how much they've cut back on the production of them. At least this gives the guys at Throwdown less competition to make stuff like Joyride.

6 hours ago, bkelley said:

That's actually Crash Madness 8. Monster Jam never gave it a trailer or anything and just silently released it. It's the last of the series and they haven't made another one since. Which is a shame because the series was first made in 1998ish and the entire series has monster truck (CM 1 also featured motocross, demo derbies, tuff trucks and a bunch of other stuff) highlights spanning from the mid-late 80s and all the way to 2013. I have all of them on DVD and still watch one from time to time. It's interesting to watch the older ones, especially 2-5, and see how Monster Jam has evolved over the last 25 years (counting TNT Motorsports that makes it almost 30). Not to mention CM 5-7 have so much nostalgia since most highlights are from the time when I was a kid and would watch part of an episode at 7 before my school bus came. I really wish they would get another one out, showing 2014 to 2016. I wonder why they haven't, unless the sales began dying out. 

You could just change the video title to Crash Madness 8; I believe that's the only full upload on YouTube. I'd be cautious though, FELD could flag it or whatever. 

I uploaded the second part bit FELD blocked my video lol

2 hours ago, Skyliner849 said:

First 2017 reply in this topic lol

There is a guy that upload some 2016 monster jam episodes (i like that because i just have Chilean TV poo)

I used to watch FSI series on Fox Sports 3

You guys sure need to have FS3