Hockey Thread

Helvigster

Figured I might as well create a hockey thread just to get some hockey fans in here and talk about your favourite team or league.

You can talk about any league, but this thread is going to be mostly based on the NHL.

Please don't trash talk or flame... if you're gonna argue, deal with it in the PM's.

We also talk about NHL news, trades, teams, what not.

I'll start off with this: 

Welp, looks like Alexander Ovechkin won't be wearing his gray visor no more. He just got married in St. Petersburg, Russia to Nastya Shubskaya. Hopefully he can still play, I'd love to see him advance to the third round for once...

3 hours ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Lol it was just a joke, don't give up that easily. :ph34r:

Rofl, dude, this thread is going absolutely nowhere. The only thing it has to do is go down some more.

Well since your posting on this particular thread, do you have anything to discuss with hockey? 

1 minute ago, LeMaddog said:

Rofl, dude, this thread is going absolutely nowhere. The only thing it has to do is go down some more.

Well since your posting on this particular thread, do you have anything to discuss with hockey? 

Um, go Blackhawks I guess?

3 hours ago, Tom P. said:

Hockey is the only sport I watch. Been a Rangers fan basically my whole life, but I watch as many games as I can.

Nice. I think the Rangers have a chance of going deep in the playoffs this year, but Lundqvist is getting a bit older there... in about four or six more years, he's gonna wanna call it quits.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why you guys lost to the Penguins this year was because the Penguins were just too good... they had a solid team built there and they kept winning games.

In other news, Tomas Plekanec, alternate captain of the Montreal Canadiens, was named captain for the Czech Republic team for the World Cup of Hockey. I'm surprised that they didn't put Jaromir Jagr as the captain, I feel like he deserves the C more.

1 minute ago, LeMaddog said:

Nice. I think the Rangers have a chance of going deep in the playoffs this year, but Lundqvist is getting a bit older there... in about four or six more years, he's gonna wanna call it quits.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why you guys lost to the Penguins this year was because the Penguins were just too good... they had a solid team built there and they kept winning games.

Our problem is not producing enough points, and not supporting Lundqvist when it comes to defense. The Rangers have a lot of options when it comes to offense from all the off-season signings. We just signed Pirri to a 1 year deal, obviously the Jimmy Vesey signing was all over the place too. I'm not worried about the offense this year as much as the defense. Staal and Girardi are both terrible players who are getting paid insane amounts of money and given so much ice time. Their stats match up to being bottom pair defensemen. Would love to see us trade one of our forwards (hopefully Nash) and maybe a pick or a bottom 6 forward for a top 2 defensemen.

Seeing you are Flames fan, Johnny Gaudreau grew up 15 minutes away from my house haha. My cousin actually played against him when he was younger.

3 hours ago, Tom P. said:

Our problem is not producing enough points, and not supporting Lundqvist when it comes to defense. The Rangers have a lot of options when it comes to offense from all the off-season signings. We just signed Pirri to a 1 year deal, obviously the Jimmy Vesey signing was all over the place too. I'm not worried about the offense this year as much as the defense. Staal and Girardi are both terrible players who are getting paid insane amounts of money and given so much ice time. Their stats match up to being bottom pair defensemen. Would love to see us trade one of our forwards (hopefully Nash) and maybe a pick or a bottom 6 forward for a top 2 defensemen.

Seeing you are Flames fan, Johnny Gaudreau grew up 15 minutes away from my house haha. My cousin actually played against him when he was younger.

Nice. I'm not just a Flames fan though. As funny as it sounds, I also like the Leafs. I just live thirty minutes south of Toronto, so it kinda makes sense. When the Flames win, I'm happy. When the Leafs win, I'm happy.

2 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

Nice. I'm not just a Flames fan though. As funny as it sounds, I also like the Leafs. I just live thirty minutes south of Toronto, so it kinda makes sense. When the Flames win, I'm happy. When the Leafs win, I'm happy.

Welp, you must not be happy very much :P:P

51 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

Haha, yep. I guess not.

When the Leafs make the playoffs, I'll go jump in the lake.

I don't think I'm gonna see that lake for a while though...

Same goes for the Flyers, but they can make it to the playoffs. They can never make the finals. They always blow it in the playoffs, and it seems like they just get worse every year. Considering they haven't won the cup in over 40 years, I don't think we'll be seeing them celebrating their NHL Stanley Cup victory for a long time.

3 hours ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Same goes for the Flyers, but they can make it to the playoffs. They can never make the finals. They always blow it in the playoffs, and it seems like they just get worse every year. Considering they haven't won the cup in over 40 years, I don't think we'll be seeing them celebrating their NHL Stanley Cup victory for a long time.

Yeah, I think their 2010 "miracle" run was just for the heck of it. With how the Metropolitan Division is set up, I think the Flyers are gonna be a wild card playoff team for a bit until they step it up over there in Philly.