Hockey Thread

Helvigster

45 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Okay fine, see it your way, but I see them as rivals because that's how I was raised.

Okay, okay...

In other news, Jarret Stoll, two time Stanley Cup winner with the Los Angeles Kings in 2012 and 2014, has agreed to a tryout with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Honestly, I have no sympathy or respect for Stoll because he was arrested for being a drug addict last summer in Las Vegas. Maybe the Las Vegas team name should be the Possessors in tribute to Jarret Stoll, I dunno.

In more news... eugh, Scott Gomez has officially retired after sixteen NHL seasons. This guy was trash from what I remember, and I remember the Leafs getting ridiculed because whenever Scott Gomez scored on them, the critics would go bonkers.

More news... Blake Wheeler was assigned captain to the Winnipeg Jets. Mark Scheifele and Dustin Byfuglien were named alternate captains. 

In WCoH news, Henrik Zetterberg, captain of the Detroit Red Wings, will miss the WCoH as he has an injury. Team Sweden has lost a valuable part in their team.

Being a HUGE Arizona Coyotes fan i am extremely excited about the upcoming season. Mike Smith came back off his injury in fire plus Louis Domingue is a stud in the net as well. The defense has been upgraded immensely with the signing of Alex Goligoski and resigning Connor Murphy, Michael Stone and Kevin Cannauton. You cant help but get stoked on Dylan Strome probably coming up to the show along with Christian Dvorak. I was a little upset when they bought out Vermettes contract but they easily can replace a guy like that. Radim Vrbata is also coming back so hopefully he can return to form after a rough year in Vancouver. I have such high hopes for this team this season and they could be a surprise playoff team! Watch out because these Yotes are hungry!

17 minutes ago, Robertson Racing said:

Being a HUGE Arizona Coyotes fan i am extremely excited about the upcoming season. Mike Smith came back off his injury in fire plus Louis Domingue is a stud in the net as well. The defense has been upgraded immensely with the signing of Alex Goligoski and resigning Connor Murphy, Michael Stone and Kevin Cannauton. You cant help but get stoked on Dylan Strome probably coming up to the show along with Christian Dvorak. I was a little upset when they bought out Vermettes contract but they easily can replace a guy like that. Radim Vrbata is also coming back so hopefully he can return to form after a rough year in Vancouver. I have such high hopes for this team this season and they could be a surprise playoff team! Watch out because these Yotes are hungry!

Judging by how the Pacific Division is set up, I don't know if the Yotes are going to make the playoffs or not.

Looks at the Californian teams, they usually wrap up the Pacific Division, and Calgary usually gets in there too.

I don't know, I have mixed thoughts about the Yotes. Being a Hamiltonian, alot of Hamiltonian hockey fans really don't like the Yotes just 'cause we had a chance to grab your franchise. Oh well, Hamilton's never gonna get a franchise. Not unless Gretzky becomes commissioner or if Buffalo moves.

3 hours ago, Robertson Racing said:

It is a great time to be a Coyotes fan. Domi and Duclair are so young and skilled. Plus you got Dylan Strome who is one of my favorite prospects right now. He will make his NHL debut really soon. They have potential no doubt.

8 hours ago, Tom P. said:

It is a great time to be a Coyotes fan. Domi and Duclair are so young and skilled. Plus you got Dylan Strome who is one of my favorite prospects right now. He will make his NHL debut really soon. They have potential no doubt.

I have a very good feeling Strome will be on the Opening Day roster. And by the end of the season could possibly be the #1 center depending on how Hanzal holds up through out the season. If Smitty stays healthy and the defense is as good as I hope it will be then I wouldn't be surprised if the Yotes sneak in to the wildcard. 

• 2 weeks later...