Hockey Thread

Helvigster

On 8/30/2016 at 5:08 PM, Outlawed said:

The Devils

I don't mind the devils despite me being a fan of the Flyers and Sharks (I've been a fan of the sharks long before their playoff run last year so don't give me that crap). The only team I honestly tried to like and the fanbase pretty much ruined any chances of that happening are the Penguins but no means are they a terrible team either, I just don't like them.

On 9/26/2016 at 9:59 PM, LeMaddog said:

Mods, please lock this thread.

I'm not sure why you keep asking to have the thread closed, the season hasn't even started and hockey has always been the minority sport around here along with futbal compared to football, basketball, and baseball. No reason to give up on the thread so easily but I would advise against getting your hopes up of it being a very active thread. This is the most pages/people I've seen in a hockey thread on here. Not sure when it starts but usually we end up with some sort of fantasy hockey league usually through ESPN since it's the most simple one.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RKM said:

I'm not sure why you keep asking to have the thread closed, the season hasn't even started and hockey has always been the minority sport around here along with futbal compared to football, basketball, and baseball. No reason to give up on the thread so easily but I would advise against getting your hopes up of it being a very active thread. This is the most pages/people I've seen in a hockey thread on here. Not sure when it starts but usually we end up with some sort of fantasy hockey league usually through ESPN since it's the most simple one.

Alright, alright.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:28 AM, RKM said:

I think pre-season has started, and if not, it will shortly. Prepare for posts incoming. #braceyourselves

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Jackattack29 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and revive this thread for playoffs, I myself am a ranger fan and I'm hoping we get the needed W tonight against ottawa. I'd also like to ask for opinions on this hit yesterday on Crosby https://youtu.be/YjDF1Saryg4

ty for reviving the thread, i didn't think anyone else was gonna post. not alot of avid hockey fans on sim monsters (i mean, there are, but most of them are busy in life).

• 6 months later...

decided to revive this thread 'cuz idk

anyway i don't think the threepeat is happening for the pens. i'm not sure who's taking the cup this year either. i don't think nashville is making it back in the finals.

VGK is bleh

but my leafs are doing well so...

2 hours ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Flyers are pulling the same routine, start off the year on fire but then get trash come mid-season. This is why we can't have nice things.

you guys thought brian elliott was good, right

the only reason why brian elliott was good was because he had defence in both ottawa and st louis to carry him. he exposed himself while playing for the flames, and he'll probably expose himself again with the flyers

but ey, the flyers got matthew strome as a prospect playing in juniors. he's pretty good. i just saw him beat the living hell out of some guy the other night

• 3 months later...

reviving this thread again, i'm assuming it'll start getting more noticed once playoffs start

lots of stuff has happened in the nhl since something was last posted here, including the WC, SS, mrazek to the flyers, and namestnikov to the rangers, mcdonagh to the lightning and tatar to VGK