Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

They've built their company on bash/play vehicles entirely, and that's where the market is in R/C, entirely. 85-90% of people who own R/C vehicles bought them just to play with in their backyard in the first place, and that's why Traxxas is the most recognized R/C company in the world. So I don't really think you can blame them.

I still cannot understand why people expect Traxxas would even consider a solid axle monster truck to release, they have their bread and butter layouts that have been refined over the years. Axial's trucks are just as much of a let down when Axial was only allotted $140-150 dollars to make the truck (the kit costs consumers $400+ so that shows you roughly what the licensing for FELD and BKT was).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Outlawed said:

I still cannot understand why people expect Traxxas would even consider a solid axle monster truck to release, they have their bread and butter layouts that have been refined over the years. Axial's trucks are just as much of a let down when Axial was only allotted $140-150 dollars to make the truck (the kit costs consumers $400+ so that shows you roughly what the licensing for FELD and BKT was).

Thank you! Someone finally understands!

People just don't get stampedes these days.  When I worked at a hobby shop over ten years ago the Stampede was the best selling out of everything new or used.  Even then it was one of the fastest out of the box, one of very few that wasn't just a buggy with big tires and had a very low price compared to it's competition.  Today my former boss has another shop and it's still the same Stampedes move the most.  There's a reason those trucks have survived this long.  Their fast, durable and cheap.  Traxxas has a price of 209.95 listed for the foot ones on their site which is very appealing to someone buying them for multiple kids as presents which is what their aimed at.  These Bigfoot ones look great and even though I have 2 already If Bigfoot stripe and Snake Bite trucks are released I'll probably buy one of each if possible to leave in the box.  I will definitely be buying some bodies though.

7 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

Does anyone know anything about the different muffler blue thunder ran in cardiff and is now on el toro in Joe Sylvesters picture he posted? I looked up a video of blue thunder and the truck did seem much quieter then normal.

could be a noise ordinance thing, I know in certain shows in california they have to add the extra peice of muffler because of noise issues. That's all it is, even Monster Energy has on on it, they look ugly, but if they work, why not do it 

20 hours ago, iZonarYT said:

could be a noise ordinance thing, I know in certain shows in california they have to add the extra peice of muffler because of noise issues. That's all it is, even Monster Energy has on on it, they look ugly, but if they work, why not do it 

Don't even get me started on some of the Mufflers we have to run here in Cali... They are crazy...

ec1da86792.jpg

1 hour ago, obsessionracing said:

Don't even get me started on some of the Mufflers we have to run here in Cali... They are crazy...

*gross muffler*

All about that smog protection in jolly ol' California, the Cat's on a regular have to be different too, fun fun :D 

2 hours ago, Gabe2304 said:

There's also this.

*jacks front end dying*

that flex tho XD all those instagram truck accounts would kill to have that happen to them. But honestly I like seeing Jack Koberna driving still, he's OG asf.