Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Also, anyone know if they're actually gonna come out with a digital release of Joyride? I know they said something about it. Would much rather watch it on my phone than as a Dvd

When I last talked to Carr about it there was a plan in place, they just had to finalize some things. The last DVD the goal was to get it on iTunes but it was going to cost an absurdly high amount of money to do. This time there's more alternatives to go with that are just as easy, if not easier for the user to purchase from.

On 11/26/2016 at 11:42 PM, Jackson Brammer said:

Possible 20th anniversary Avenger body would be pretty neat. Considering that there isn't going to be a 35th anniversary Grave Digger body.

No 35th anniversary body?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?

also i think that the no gd 35th anni body is a misunderstanding. i remember in the livestream dennis saying something about bodys but on his instagram he said HE not everyone but HE will not be getting a SPECIAL 35th body like usual (eg: in 2002 everyone had a normal body except dennis with the awesome timeline truck)

On 26/11/2016 at 11:57 AM, Mark Colineri said:

As per Joyride, that isn't actually for Wrecking Crew. That chassis is going to be for Jim. This has seemed to go seemingly overlooked and not talked about at all, but 2017 is Avengers 20th anniversary, and he is building a new chassis for himself.

b07e839b1b.png

Speaking of Joyride, absolutely awesome film. 2 hours of great action, behind the scenes, and interviews. The ending, with Jim's monologue about how monster trucks started in the Pontiac Silverdome and how he started, fast forwarding to today, was a great way to end the film and actually gave me the chills. Highly recommend picking it up for the holiday season. 

To be honest I was completely unaware it has been 20 years already for Jim. I am excited to see what he can do with a low slung chassis, if they can sort it out quickly and he can adapt, there is potential to do big damage for first Q.

11 hours ago, Outlawed said:

To be honest I was completely unaware it has been 20 years already for Jim. I am excited to see what he can do with a low slung chassis, if they can sort it out quickly and he can adapt, there is potential to do big damage for first Q.

Realistically speaking, Jim is a very good driver, he's just hurt by mechanical problems a lot, most of which wouldn't happen were his truck set up a less, er, stubborn way. I'm very enthusiastic about him getting a new chassis and can't wait to see if he changes his driving style at all.

Bummer to see Jon leave Digger. But, correct me if I'm wrong, Liddycoat's schedule hasn't come out yet... Or Steven Sims... I know some lineups say *Additional trucks/drivers to be announced* so would it be reasonable to assume that Scott and Steven are in fact driving this coming season?

34 minutes ago, steiale said:

Bummer to see Jon leave Digger. But, correct me if I'm wrong, Liddycoat's schedule hasn't come out yet... Or Steven Sims... I know some lineups say *Additional trucks/drivers to be announced* so would it be reasonable to assume that Scott and Steven are in fact driving this coming season?

Scott won the YGS so I don't see a reason for FELD to fire him. I only see him leaving by his own choice.

I guess Steven could go back to driving his dad's trucks again, but he's another young driver with a lot of talent. I guess FELD just has to announce their schedules.