Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

15 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

He's kind of an a##hole. Met him at the pit party at the World Finals, and wasn't friendly at all. I mean, I understand the lifestyle, but come on man!

Not the first time I've heard this.  The people in front of me in Dennis's line at the Foxboro pit party said he was kind of a jerk. Didn't get to meet him myself. 

In his defense, do you understand all of the driver obligations and meet and greets the drivers have to do at the World Finals?  He was probably burnt out.  These drivers meet hundreds of thousands of people every year and have to put on a smile and act cheerful for every single one of them.  I know I couldn't do it.  

I think sometimes because we look up to these superstars we expect them to be perfect, but everyone is human, and just because we don't get the expected reaction or greeting from them, doesn't mean they're an asshole, it means they're being a normal human being.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, maxdman said:

In his defense, do you understand all of the driver obligations and meet and greets the drivers have to do at the World Finals?  He was probably burnt out.  These drivers meet hundreds of thousands of people every year and have to put on a smile and act cheerful for every single one of them.  I know I couldn't do it.  

I think sometimes because we look up to these superstars we expect them to be perfect, but everyone is human, and just because we don't get the expected reaction or greeting from them, doesn't mean they're an asshole, it means they're being a normal human being.

Thats right, everyone have its own character

5 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

damon wasn't always bright, tbh. you could see when he lost to tom in the world finals 13 championship race

"wasnt always bright" he was one of the best ones out there lol

You say that because he lost against tom there? and if tom loses against him, tom will not be that bright? for me damon is better than tom most of the time

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, maxdman said:

Could be the reason. But I met Coty (Who is from my home state) and he was one of the nicest drivers I've ever met. Yet Damon was very glum and his attitude was absolutely sh!tty. Of course this was on the freestyle day of the event, so he could've been burnt out. But could've at least had a nicer attitude.

You guys make it seem like he knew each of you by name and was just waiting around for you to go through his line, like "yep, time to be a dickhead to this guy". No he was not the most engaging driver to converse with, but you knew serious time for him was when he was strapped in and driving. I never had an issue speaking with him and he was appreciative of acknowledgement of his ability to drive a monster truck. His truck control was arguably the best monster trucks have ever seen, his in air control is still to this day imitated by top tier drivers. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

You guys make it seem like he knew each of you by name and was just waiting around for you to go through his line, like "yep, time to be a dickhead to this guy". No he was not the most engaging driver to converse with, but you knew serious time for him was when he was strapped in and driving. I never had an issue speaking with him and he was appreciative of acknowledgement of his ability to drive a monster truck. His truck control was arguably the best monster trucks have ever seen, his in air control is still to this day imitated by top tier drivers. 

Yeah I never had an issue with him. I don't doubt other people could have, I've even seen the nicest person I've ever met be called a dick online before. Damon was quiet and not too talkative, but never an asshole to me. I tend to get pictures I take signed and he always at least acted like he liked them. He even gave me his e-mail to send him a picture I took in Indianapolis for him to use.

He never responded to the e-mail nor did he use the photo but y'know. :P

As much as I am disappointed to see Damon go, Todd going into Monster Energy could be great; seeing as how calling him a beast in racing and freestyle is not a good enough name to call him, those guys could finally win a world championship this year. If he's coming to MetLife once again this year, then I honestly couldn't be more excited to see what he's got in store for his new identity.

2 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

*New Avenger Truck, And Brutus*

I guess we know what the anniversary avenger looks like. personally im a fan, it brings back the old look with keeping the newer aspects (Light green paint)

Keep in mind Damon was from a background of legit top level racing. Only the absolute very best mx riders make it to the top and are as competitive as he was riding for factory teams and eventually owning and operating his own team in his time. A vast majority of race stars be it NHRA, Nascar, F1, MX, or any other top level series, have the "acts pooty to everyone" mantra about them. They are there to race, they are paid to win and take no prisoners, everything else comes 2nd.  Also you dont think talking to monster truck fans cant get a bit annoying? Most days I cant stand to look at the FB groups, let alone sit through a like 3hr autograph session. 

Either way Bradshaw is a super competitive person, and I'm glad he gave Monster trucks the run he did, never once did I walk into a facility when he was competing and question if he was giving 110% in racing or freestyle. Cant say that for 75% of the current crop of drivers.