Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

not sure how close anyone else is following the points series(personally I think its awesome and one of the best things to come to monster jam, but would like to see some changes like the WF going back to 16 trucks) but Justin Sipes is running away with the point lead in the central tour and Krysten Anderson is barely out of last place. Which slightly bothers me because back in the early 2000's only the elite got the chance to drive a Grave Digger or Max-D(goldberg and team meent etc) and now Krysten, Colton, Jared, and Cole jump right into these trucks for their first seasons driving. 

20 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

not sure how close anyone else is following the points series(personally I think its awesome and one of the best things to come to monster jam, but would like to see some changes like the WF going back to 16 trucks) but Justin Sipes is running away with the point lead in the central tour and Krysten Anderson is barely out of last place. Which slightly bothers me because back in the early 2000's only the elite got the chance to drive a Grave Digger or Max-D(goldberg and team meent etc) and now Krysten, Colton, Jared, and Cole jump right into these trucks for their first seasons driving. 

colton, jared, and cole are like 2-3 seasons in. First year of Kyrsten but she is his daughter so let her drive the truck.

13 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

I agree with you on the last part, except for Colton and Cole. Cole has worked with Adam for years and proved he could drive hard enough in a digger filling in for Legend a few times. Colton also deserves it because he's a wild man period. Jared and Krysten need some development before I think they deserve it (Jareds obviously closer). But then again, FELD likes to get as many Andersons and Meents's into the sport, and the obvious choice for them is to stick them in the truck they're affiliated with. Maybe they could make some more "Son uva _____" trucks or something. 

Also, why would you want the world finals to go back to 16 trucks? The shows are rushed as they are, and there's way too much good talent out there now.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I agree with you on the last part, except for Colton and Cole. Cole has worked with Adam for years and proved he could drive hard enough in a digger filling in for Legend a few times. Colton also deserves it because he's a wild man period. Jared and Krysten need some development before I think they deserve it (Jareds obviously closer). But then again, FELD likes to get as many Andersons and Meents's into the sport, and the obvious choice for them is to stick them in the truck they're affiliated with. Maybe they could make some more "Son uva _____" trucks or something. 

Also, why would you want the world finals to go back to 16 trucks? The shows are rushed as they are, and there's way too much good talent out there now.

Colton has gotten much better since his start a few years back. I think a smaller field would make the point series much more competitive if only the top 2 get into the world finals. If they came up with an off number you could do a shootout the night before in place of the young guns shoot out, sort of like nascar does in early summer. (can't think of the name of it for the life of me.)