Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

21 minutes ago, barry the bee said:

Did anyone know that they renamed the young guns shootout to the double down showdown because it has the word guns and shootout lol 

This whole massive anti gun PC thing FELD has put on this past year is hands down one of the stupidest things ever. Let's have a truck based on a drink to where if your kid drinks enough they'll get heart palpitations because they're shelling the big bucks but HEAVEN FORBID THE WORD GUN IS MENTIONED. And what's even worse is they're not being thorough since Jimmy Creten is running a scheme based on Chris Kyle the American Sniper. You know, a guy who is known for GUNS but Scott Hartsock can't run the Gunslinger name. (For the record I'm not saying Jimmy shouldn't run the body, quite the opposite) Bullpoo. I'm a fairly liberal guy but even I find this stance beyond retarded.

• Upvote 4

It is sad. Gunslinger is legendary, but I understand why the name change was made. It's easy to blame it on people being overly sensitive, or on "PC culture", but in reality it's most likely to avoid controversy and/or poor taste. Since there's so much gun violence and gun controversy in this country, I'm sure Monster Jam doesn't want to be in the middle of it all when they bring out a truck promoting guns after the next mass shooting happens, if it happens. Sorta like how they waited a year to debut Maximum Destruction after 9/11 happened. However, renaming the Young Guns Shootout is bizarre because that's not even about any literal guns. They didn't have to be this extreme, but this is the surest way to cover their backs.

• Upvote 2

Don't know if anyone touched on this before, but the reason Metal Mulisha got the new scheme posted above is to remove the gun on the side.  The old design had a skeleton shooting a gun right above the logo.  This one has no guns.  

25 minutes ago, litl_e_fan said:
*that*

Looks pretty accurate to the render, and I assume the scheme was changed because of the gun on the side?

024.jpg

EDIT: didn't see the above post when I put this up there, so pardon my ignorance.

15 minutes ago, Michael Alford said:

Looks pretty accurate to the render, and I assume the scheme was changed because of the gun on the side?

EDIT: didn't see the above post when I put this up there, so pardon my ignorance.

You included a picture, you win. lol