Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

On 1/27/2017 at 0:09 AM, MNMJ said:

Do we know any other trucks will be at Detroit? Because it could be a 16 truck lineup.            

EDIT: looks like usa-1 is in MN again, I am assuming it is just like Dec 10th.

On 1/26/2017 at 11:45 PM, Jackattack29 said:

I guess we'll know what truck might be replaced once the trucks arrive in detroit

No it's still a 14 truck line-up, Thunder 4x4 couldn't make it out to Detroit, so Quad Chaos stepped in.

3 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

This year's gonna suck is right....lineup filled to the brim with rookies + crappy track = a Toronto show that will guarantee more than half of the crowd going this year may never go again.

I like the idea of 3 tours and that their doing Chicago style tracks again but come on atleast change them a little I was happy when they started doing them but now it's all the same 

4 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

lineup filled to the brim with rookies

What?

Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

Jan 28, 2017 - Jan 29, 2017

Featuring: Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Monster Energy driven by Coty Saucier, Jester driven by Matt Pagliarulo, Xtermigator driven by JR McNeal, Wrecking Crew driven by Mike Thompson, Rage driven by Cory Rummel, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Over Bored driven by Jamey Garner, El Toro Loco driven by Becky McDonough, Grave Digger driven by Carl Van Horn, Trucks/drivers subject to change., Overkill Evolution driven by Mike Vaters II, Black Stallion driven by Mike Vaters, Bounty Hunter driven by Todd Morey, Iron Outlaw driven by Mike Christensen

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, litl_e_fan said:

What?

Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

Jan 28, 2017 - Jan 29, 2017

Featuring: Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Monster Energy driven by Coty Saucier, Jester driven by Matt Pagliarulo, Xtermigator driven by JR McNeal, Wrecking Crew driven by Mike Thompson, Rage driven by Cory Rummel, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Over Bored driven by Jamey Garner, El Toro Loco driven by Becky McDonough, Grave Digger driven by Carl Van Horn, Trucks/drivers subject to change., Overkill Evolution driven by Mike Vaters II, Black Stallion driven by Mike Vaters, Bounty Hunter driven by Todd Morey, Iron Outlaw driven by Mike Christensen

I think he means those awful triple threat series.

I like the chicago style tracks better, but when they make the obstacles so tiny like they have all year on those tracks, it makes for a really boring show.

What I mean is that instead of bringing in the usual crew to Toronto (Tom Meents, Jim Koehler, Candice Jolly etc.), they give us a lineup that is completely different, and most of the lineup is competitors that may be able to do great in arenas, but really don't stand a chance against some of the other competitors in there, such as Ryan Anderson, Coty Saucier, Carl Van Horn and Mike Vaters II. I mean yeah there is the wheelie competition, but let's be honest; with a track like that, do you really think ANY OF THEM would be able to truly impress?

7 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

What I mean is that instead of bringing in the usual crew to Toronto (Tom Meents, Jim Koehler, Candice Jolly etc.), they give us a lineup that is completely different, and most of the lineup is competitors that may be able to do great in arenas, but really don't stand a chance against some of the other competitors in there, such as Ryan Anderson, Coty Saucier, Carl Van Horn and Mike Vaters II. I mean yeah there is the wheelie competition, but let's be honest; with a track like that, do you really think ANY OF THEM would be able to truly impress?

You literally have 0 clue what you are talking about. You must never have seen Cory Rummel, Devin Jones, or Jamey Garner drive in your life. Automatically saying the show is going to be bad because it isn't full of Meents' and Anderson's is so completely ignorant, it just shows how unattached you are with everything.

• Upvote 5

Mark, how can the show be good with drivers like that... I mean, Cory DID just backflip last weekend. Devin has only been to the World Finals a couple times in Barbarian, I mean no big deal. Garner only has one of the nicest pieces in the industry... I mean how on Earth can they put on a show?

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Lol I find it funny that you put Candice Jolly on those who normally impress. Not implying she sucks, but she's not really any different than any other FELD driver. Also, half of those indies run Throwdown, and since I'm guessing you've never bothered to buy Joyride, you are completely unaware of what they can do.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, obsessionracing said:

Mark, how can the show be good with drivers like that... I mean, Cory DID just backflip last weekend. Devin has only been to the World Finals a couple times in Barbarian, I mean no big deal. Garner only has one of the nicest pieces in the industry... I mean how on Earth can they put on a show?

i second the fact that overbored is one of the best sounding, looking, and handling pieces in the business.

6 minutes ago, AmiHoudeFanBoiiii said:

i second the fact that overbored is one of the best sounding, looking, and handling pieces in the business.

Ill third that, I think a big issue with these tracks is once the truck isnt 100%, there isnt anything to do. Ryan in Orlando put one an excellent run with a flat tire, still getting air. But that is Ryan being Ryan. The only thing that can be done is air and the track isnt even conducive to that. Just because the design works wonders for arenas doesnt mean slap 2 of them in a stadium and it will be better.

55 minutes ago, obsessionracing said:

Because indiesukdik. I mean Toronto obviously deserves to get the same drivers every year. Nobody else in North America deserves to see them drive on this specific weekend. How dare FELD do this, I am going to go to this show but damn it I will be one grumpy mess of self entitled fanboy.

Wow Detroit is mostly indies but really good ones as I can tell, and yeah I realized that over bored looks really nice and performs amazing can't wait to see more out of it, also is Chris berguron (probably butchered his last name with my stupidness) still apart of mj? 

24 minutes ago, barry the bee said:

Wow Detroit is mostly indies but really good ones as I can tell, and yeah I realized that over bored looks really nice and performs amazing can't wait to see more out of it, also is Chris berguron (probably butchered his last name with my stupidness) still apart of mj? 

No. he retired after 2013. He still fills in for guys over the summer on occasion though.