Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Hey check this out. http://www.judgeszone.com/. Monster Jam was using this website for the extra fan score last night at Anaheim (and apparently other places too but I cannot confirm). What it does is instead of the stupid "noise" meter, each fan in the stadium can type in the code for the show, and after every run, they can choose what score they thought it deserved. After 30 seconds, the average score everyone gave is the 6th judge.

Pretty cool...

Edit:

New Orleans had it too, so might just be for the FS1 Series

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, steiale said:

Controversy over Eric's Win in Anaheim. Apparently 3 out of 5 judges were friends with Eric. I thought he had a decent run, but I didn't think it was necessarily a winning run... (Don't want to trigger Bo, but can you elaborate on this one?)

Honestly have no idea... I honestly doubt they were his friends though.

2 hours ago, steiale said:

Controversy over Eric's Win in Anaheim. Apparently 3 out of 5 judges were friends with Eric. I thought he had a decent run, but I didn't think it was necessarily a winning run... (Don't want to trigger Bo, but can you elaborate on this one?)

Also, I noticed that the truck that came out before Wild Flower wrecked on their back flip. But they left the truck. Then after her run they moved it, preventing her from a backflip. She commented on not being able do one, but then they moved that truck for the next run...

They said the samething about his win last year though.. I love the fact that Ryan got robbed in Toronto but no one is talking about that..

1 hour ago, Charlie H. said:

Yeah don't get me wrong Eric is a good driver but the fact his two stadium wins were both in Cali and controversial really highlights how bias can play into fan judging

See, as long as Monster Jam is set up the way it is fan judges will always be biased.

I'll use WWE as an example John Cena and Hulk Hogan were guys fans paid to see, and wanted them to win.  Because of that WWE would give them wins and heavily feature them.

Grave Digger and Max-D are the John Cena and Hulk Hogans of Monster Jam. Fans pay to see them, and of course judges are biased and will give them high scores. I've seen things like Digger come out hit a ramp, flip and leave 70 of the 75 seconds on the clock, and he ended up with a perfect score. I mean, I feel like we've all seen stuff like that.

I will give Monster Jam credit, at both the Triple Threat Shows I've been to in 2016 and 2017 they did a good job stressing to the judges to be fair and not score based on name.

I think Colt Stephens in FS1 has gotten robbed two weeks in a row.  But in all honestly, all of the top scoring runs are pretty similar, and not in a good way.

In Anaheim, Colts and Erics runs were very similar so I was fine with either one winning.  But last week, Marc definately should not have won.  Marc is a great driver, but last week he wasnt really impressive.  I think Colt or Neil should have won at Petco.

17 minutes ago, midwestmonster said:

I think Colt Stephens in FS1 has gotten robbed two weeks in a row.  But in all honestly, all of the top scoring runs are pretty similar, and not in a good way.

In Anaheim, Colts and Erics runs were very similar so I was fine with either one winning.  But last week, Marc definately should not have won.  Marc is a great driver, but last week he wasnt really impressive.  I think Colt or Neil should have won at Petco.

Mark didn't win, though. He ended up 2nd behind Leduc, who couldn't freestyle because of his racing crash.

1 hour ago, Charlie H. said:

Ryan and CVH have gotten robbed at the last two shows IMO. Orlando you could argue Mikey was a bit better, Toronto though 

There is no arguement for Orlando Mikey deserved the win. Toronto Ryan deserved the win, he did everything better then Becky did minus a flip. The only thing I had against Ryan's run was the intentional two wheeling is lame as hell when forced, if it happens unintentionally during the run that is fine.

2 hours ago, barry the bee said:

Oh my lord is it cringy when they say slinger instead of gun slinger, also what's with it and Ryan lacross mentioning bkt tires all the time am I the only one that notices?

BKT obviously is dropping big money for them to do so, which is also probably behind the rule of everyone having to run them unlike previous tire manufactures. No different then "The built ford tough" Blue Thunder.