Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey check this out. http://www.judgeszone.com/. Monster Jam was using this website for the extra fan score last night at Anaheim (and apparently other places too but I cannot confirm). What it does is instead of the stupid "noise" meter, each fan in the stadium can type in the code for the show, and after every run, they can choose what score they thought it deserved. After 30 seconds, the average score everyone gave is the 6th judge.

Pretty cool...

Edit:

New Orleans had it too, so might just be for the FS1 Series

It was used this afternoon at newark as well.

1 hour ago, kmp21093 said:

BKT obviously is dropping big money for them to do so, which is also probably behind the rule of everyone having to run them unlike previous tire manufactures. No different then "The built ford tough" Blue Thunder.

It's funny because he makes out to be so tough and they explode going through a small camper 

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey check this out. http://www.judgeszone.com/. Monster Jam was using this website for the extra fan score last night at Anaheim (and apparently other places too but I cannot confirm). What it does is instead of the stupid "noise" meter, each fan in the stadium can type in the code for the show, and after every run, they can choose what score they thought it deserved. After 30 seconds, the average score everyone gave is the 6th judge.

Pretty cool...

Edit:

New Orleans had it too, so might just be for the FS1 Series

That's actually a really good idea. Wish they had this at Milwaukee when I was there... A lot better than giving a score based on the audience applause...

Well it wouldn’t be a typical Monster Jam weekend in Toronto without lots of mechanical issues. For some reason we tend to get bad luck up here. Now I get it happens. Not the driver’s fault, nor the mechanic’s, nor Monster Jam’s. However in comparison to all the big stadium shows down in the states, all I can say is you guys have it so freaking lucky. The shows up here just don’t quite compare. Yet it was still a great weekend.

Both shows were really good and I would say Saturday was a little better of the two. I was most impressed by Matt in Jester and Jamey in Over Bored. Garner probably had the biggest air of the weekend. Matt for sure had the biggest leap Sunday.

I was bummed about Overkill Evolution. I was super excited to see Mike drive, but both days had mechanical issues. Sunday took him out of the whole show except for one wheelie. However, I get it. Mechanical things happen. I’ll be rooting for Mike for sure in Vegas.

Monster Jam needs to get their s#!% together. So many flat tires from those awful tires, rushed show, no side acts. But what bugged me the most was Coty was shut off and taken off the track for a flat tire. Not sure if there was any other issues but after the flat happened, they shut him off instantly and didn’t let him re-fire even though he was showing signs he wanted to.

Now, with that being said, even though it sounds like I’m complaining I’m just playing devil’s advocate. I had a blast. Purely because my girlfriend was there with me for both shows. She hasn’t seen a monster truck show since Grave Digger and Bigfoot competed together and she had an utter blast. Her excitement in seeing everything happen gave me a new perspective on the show. Even the simple jumps are kind of cool. Just seeing these things move around is kind of awesome. Both of us are excited for Vegas.

This turned into an essay. Whoops. 

• Upvote 1

What surprises me most is that those drivers are still able to put on a show. What I mean by that is, they travel from Orlando, Florida, go across the entire United States all the way to Toronto, Canada (some drivers who don't fly most likely lacking some sleep from the long drive), and put on a great show, stay up all night fixing trucks to the best of their abilities, and put on another show the next day. That says a lot about their commitment to keeping the fans happy.

Just wanted to say that the backflip ramp in anaheim was a horrible spot to put it

and im curious about this based on a previous post with no side acts. At some speedway shows they have tuff trucks. I remember going to indy when i was a kid and seeing those pre-show and in between stuff. They are pretty entertaining 

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2017 at 3:54 AM, TheRetroStyle said:

When I saw the thumbnail to his winning run:

I just stopped. I stared at it for a few seconds in utter shock. I am also confused as to why nobody brought this up yet, but Jim Creten had some guts last night; he started his run with a BACKFLIP.

I do believe this is the 2nd year in a row that he has won freestyle at anaheim.