Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

I dont know who has seen Midnight Rider land on Jailbirds roof, theres a video on instagram i think (wouldnt watch if your sensitive, very hard hit..)  but if you have seen it Kaylyn and Tom are both okay, was a crazy crash. Just thought id let everyone know in case you saw it and were wondering.

12 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

I dont know who has seen Midnight Rider land on Jailbirds roof, theres a video on instagram i think (wouldnt watch if your sensitive, very hard hit..)  but if you have seen it Kaylyn and Tom are both okay, was a crazy crash. Just thought id let everyone know in case you saw it and were wondering.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie H. said:
Video

Kind of feel bad for whoever was driving Midnight Rider, there wasn't really anything he could of done after the truck nose dived and the tie rod? broke. I wouldn't expect that kind of jump to roll a truck in that way as well. Also glad to see that Kaylyn is all right; that kind of impact on that section of the roll cage could of have some pretty bad effects (not just to the truck but to Kaylyn as well). 

So uhh, nobody mentioned it but I have reason to believe Ami Houde got a little banged up during the Saturday afternoon show at PPG Paints Arena. In wheelies she went way past vertical and landed directly on the roof. From what I understand the cage ended up taking a bit of damage, so that's why the truck wasn't run the rest of the day, but she also didn't compete in Speedsters/ATVs.

She was fine Sunday, probably just got a little banged up and took the rest of the day to rest.

1 hour ago, Hagan Moskau said:

@AmiHoudeFanBoiiii Is there some voodoo on the drivers this year? That's the 4th injury this year

And to think that it's only February...I'm gonna call it and say one of the drivers is gonna make it a 5th at the WF this year the same way Mikey almost did last year.

As far as tracks go, they really seem to hit their 'peak' from around 2010 - 2014. There were some great tracks, each show was different - not entirely, but enough to change things up at each show - and some amazing freestyles. Some of the obstacles were bigger, there were doubles to clear, and if I remember correctly not many injuries. Now I know this is an extreme example, but looking at this compared to 2017 it is almost night and day. 

Hopefully this is a bit of a blip in Monster Jam. 

All this being said, I have to give HUGE props to the independent teams this year. All of them are putting on really good runs and awesome moments. It's great seeing privately funded teams do what they do each weekend. That to me has been what is making this year really great to watch. It seems like more of them are pushing the edge more so than other years. Just one man's opinion..... 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, bottenator said:

As far as tracks go, they really seem to hit their 'peak' from around 2010 - 2014. There were some great tracks, each show was different - not entirely, but enough to change things up at each show - and some amazing freestyles. Some of the obstacles were bigger, there were doubles to clear, and if I remember correctly not many injuries. Now I know this is an extreme example, but looking at this compared to 2017 it is almost night and day. 

Hopefully this is a bit of a blip in Monster Jam. 

All this being said, I have to give HUGE props to the independent teams this year. All of them are putting on really good runs and awesome moments. It's great seeing privately funded teams do what they do each weekend. That to me has been what is making this year really great to watch. It seems like more of them are pushing the edge more so than other years. Just one man's opinion..... 

I'm gonna agree with you on this, especially with the indies. It never really crossed my mind either how hard guys like Garner, Rummell, and Vaters run.

Also, Lindsey Reed is expecting to have her baby today (confirmed via Instagram)