Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

37 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

I would think is safe to say Jon Zimmer is earning a spot in the finals this year after leading the series with dragon and now driving digger the way he is.

Ehhhh... I dunno especially since Scott is the reigning YGS champ. Now does Jon deserve a spot? Hell yeah, he's one of the all time best. But never doubt FELD to pull some weird stuff

13 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Ehhhh... I dunno especially since Scott is the reigning YGS champ. Now does Jon deserve a spot? Hell yeah, he's one of the all time best. But never doubt FELD to pull some weird stuff

Not to mention Dustin Brown has also been behind the wheel of Dragon some times this year, even getting a few victories out of it. Both deserve a berth in my opinion, but the question is; which one of them will get Dragon since Scott hasn't been active this year?

Honestly it's been a while since I could chat with you fine gentleman but, I've been keeping up with the season through those god awful instagram pages, and I really need to vent on that garbage, those kids are the most cancerous things to happen to the monster jam social scene in a long time, constantly criticizing things they have zero knowledge of and also being extremely creepy posting half naked pictures of Ami Houde as their "#wcw" and her simply replying "how sweet" like, what is wrong with these kids? Honestly I dread even trying to keep up with the sport because of them, and it doesn't help that the second you try to correct them, they just ban you ( I know because many of the little tards have banned me for knowing more than them XD) and also can we agree that these "Edits" they do look absolutely terrible and nobody likes them? Thanks for letting me vent, and to make sure this is on topic. *clears throat* Jester did a backflip in Oakland bois. #fanboy 

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

Honestly it's been a while since I could chat with you fine gentleman but, I've been keeping up with the season through those god awful instagram pages, and I really need to vent on that garbage, those kids are the most cancerous things to happen to the monster jam social scene in a long time, constantly criticizing things they have zero knowledge of and also being extremely creepy posting half naked pictures of Ami Houde as their "#wcw" and her simply replying "how sweet" like, what is wrong with these kids? Honestly I dread even trying to keep up with the sport because of them, and it doesn't help that the second you try to correct them, they just ban you ( I know because many of the little tards have banned me for knowing more than them XD) and also can we agree that these "Edits" they do look absolutely terrible and nobody likes them? Thanks for letting me vent, and to make sure this is on topic. *clears throat* Jester did a backflip in Oakland bois. #fanboy 

I find it funny how almost all of them re-post the same stuff.

22 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

To be fair, that one girl from Europe (Photography some number) does a really killer job. She's an exception to the horrors of Insta

• Upvote 1

A lot of surprising things happened this weekend in terms of stadiums:

In Houston, Colton Eichelberger pulled off one of, if not the craziest freestyle ever performed at NRG Stadium. Sure, it wasn't a 40, but 38 seems fair.

In San Diego, nobody dared touched the mustang on one of the ramps, but Charlie Pauken barely missed it. Not to mention he got the Double Down.

In Jacksonville, JR McNeil decided to bring back the blue Razin' Kane body, most of the field got at least a 30 in Freestyle on both shows, and Rosalee Ramer went for her first backflip outside of the WF, but failed despite coming so close to landing it.

In Oakland, one of the tours ended with Ryan Anderson becoming the series champion. Like Zonar mentioned, Matt Pagliarulo went for his first ever backflip, which was the most unexpected moment of the night and the 4th driver that nobody expected to do one.

Nonetheless, 2nd weekend in a row where all stadium shows were awesome. The fact that there will only be one next weekend has me amazed at how fast this month is going, and how it's already almost time to start preparing for the WF.

Alrighty here comes my review of the final Cleveland show featuring the TTS East.

After years of going to arena shows that featured only a few hard hitters, this was an extremely different experience at Monster Jam.

Racing was good, Daron Basl, Bari Mussawir, and Tyler Meninga were the quickest.

In wheelies, the bar was set by Kayla Blood as she took a violent roll into the dirt pad after hitting it at an odd angle. Blake Granger went vertical on the first hit, only to land on the back left which ended his run. Tyler Meninga and Tristen England pulled out multiple moonwalk wheelies. Although Mussawir had some massive vertical sky wheelies, he rolled over onto his roof, and Meninga would win.

In the ATVs, Daron would wreck, disqualifying him from the final heat. Kayla Blood also won the first heat. 

In donuts, Bari Mussawir came out and spun the truck pretty fast, giving him a win. Granger and Meninga got a little twisted up as well. 

In the speedsters, the final race came down to Meninga and Bailey Shea, and Shea would edge out Meninga.

Freestyle was incredible. Both the Basls and Blood had solid runs, they just weren't enough to top the rest of the field. Granger had some nice hits but rolled after turning into a corner too fast. England was incredible, soaring the truck and catching the ramps with his back tires, leading to a nice stoppie. Mussawir would launch the truck even higher and also stoppied the truck. Bailey Shea had some air but the highlight of her run was a launch of the center of the dirt pad and straight into the second ramp, sending the front end all the way up. Meninga had the winning run as he wheelied and twisted the the truck all around the course. 

Overall the event was great, all the drivers delivered. Meninga would also win the Overral Event Championship.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

A lot of surprising things happened this weekend in terms of stadiums:

In Houston, Colton Eichelberger pulled off one of, if not the craziest freestyle ever performed at NRG Stadium. Sure, it wasn't a 40, but 38 seems fair.

In San Diego, nobody dared touched the mustang on one of the ramps, but Charlie Pauken barely missed it. Not to mention he got the Double Down.

In Jacksonville, JR McNeil decided to bring back the blue Razin' Kane body, most of the field got at least a 30 in Freestyle on both shows, and Rosalee Ramer went for her first backflip outside of the WF, but failed despite coming so close to landing it.

In Oakland, one of the tours ended with Ryan Anderson becoming the series champion. Like Zonar mentioned, Matt Pagliarulo went for his first ever backflip, which was the most unexpected moment of the night and the 4th driver that nobody expected to do one.

Nonetheless, 2nd weekend in a row where all stadium shows were awesome. The fact that there will only be one next weekend has me amazed at how fast this month is going, and how it's already almost time to start preparing for the WF.

don't forget the worlds slowest backflip by pauken!

and Todd had an awesome 3 tire backflip in Jacksonville but the trash dumpsters would prevail in this battle