Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Man, watching the Portland event on FS1, I could honestly go forever without hearing someone say something along the lines of "We do it for the fans!" or "We want to put on a show for these fans!".

Like, I know at Monster Jam University they're put in a media class, but do they only teach them how to kiss the fans ass? Like, when they're interviewed they just twist it into how the fans are so great. Like, I get Monster Jam wants to push the aspect that they love the fans, and how the fans are so great, vut when you have the announcers doing it, and the drovers in every interview it's overbearing 

18 minutes ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

Man, watching the Portland event on FS1, I could honestly go forever without hearing someone say something along the lines of "We do it for the fans!" or "We want to put on a show for these fans!".

Like, I know at Monster Jam University they're put in a media class, but do they only teach them how to kiss the fans ass? Like, when they're interviewed they just twist it into how the fans are so great. Like, I get Monster Jam wants to push the aspect that they love the fans, and how the fans are so great, vut when you have the announcers doing it, and the drovers in every interview it's overbearing 

Well I can see where they come from, in my position at work, we have to do that kind of stuff a lot, because it keeps people coming back, appeal to what they want to hear and they will be back every single weekend. It's how you continually make profits and expand the business. Kissing butt is the easiest way to do that. XD

1 hour ago, iZonarYT said:

Well I can see where they come from, in my position at work, we have to do that kind of stuff a lot, because it keeps people coming back, appeal to what they want to hear and they will be back every single weekend. It's how you continually make profits and expand the business. Kissing butt is the easiest way to do that. XD

I'd be lying if I said my reaction to that last sentence wasn't this:

14 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

TWO TIMES IN ONE SHOW. I'd be taking notes if I were Meents...

Also, Saigon and Scooby tied for 2nd in Freestyle. BOOYAH.

I really feel like Chuck deserves to go to the World finals. He's worked his butt off the last few years and really improved. I want to see him at the WF

• Upvote 2

Adam did "consecutives" in atlanta

Neil elliot almost there

Big kahuna almost did 3 consecutives...

Marc did the same as adam tho

Todd leduc did an awesome save
Another save

WHAT THE F#CK IS HAPPENING TDAY BOI

idk if ill be editing this post more

• Upvote 1

Todd Leduc won the West Series.

Adam won freestyle in tie breaker between him and Todd.

Devastator made it to the finals with Dragon, which Dragon won.

Been an awesome weekend! I honestly can't wait to see what Vegas is going to be, even though I ain't goin'.

32 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Todd Leduc won the West Series.

YES! MY BOY! Todd is arguably the best driver out there today. Ryan is paralleled with him but both are just another level

Also I should've gone to the Sunday show... dammit Monster Jam, don't schedule an Atlanta show until after the NFC season next time, bloody hell. 

Aaaaand time for this weekend's Stadium Roundup:

FS1 West: The Georgia Dome witnessed it's last shows ever, and both in which were FS1 West events. Neil Elliott and Todd LeDuc triumphed in the Racing brackets, while Adam Anderson and also Todd LeDuc snatched the Freestyle victories. LeDuc became the Series Champion with his victories this weekend. A spectacular weekend to bid a fond farewell to the Dome. Series Champion: Monster Energy - Todd LeDuc

FS1 East: Detroit was amazed by their 2nd Monster Jam show this year, and it was with beyond good reason. Everyone went all out to wrap up the FS1 East series, and it would be Linsey Weenk taking the sigh of relief at the end of Freestyle as the Series Champion. Morgan Kane and Colton Eichelberger both grabbed themselves a victory. Series Champion: Lucas Oil Crusader - Linsey Weenk

Stadium Tour 3: It was all about Grave DIgger, Dragon, and the VP Racing Fuels' Mad Scientist in El Paso. One of the three would walk out as the Tour Champion, and that someone was none other than Charlie Pauken. Proving why he deserved to win it, Pauken double downed in the first show, but Lee O'Donnell would prevent it from happening a second time this afternoon. Tour Champion: Grave Digger - Charlie Pauken