Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Why has Monster Mutt never had a dynamic, exciting driver for a long period of time? Trucks like Monster Energy or Monster Mutt Dalmatian have always had just one or two exciting or strong drivers for years (Candice was a bit slow at first but improved pretty quickly). Everytime they get a stronger driver in Monster Mutt, they're out in two years, like Ryan Anderson (given SUD was waiting), Wine, O'Donnell, Creech, Kenny, and Bryan Winston. They've had decent drivers for a while like Tarlton but never just one or two exciting, dynamic drivers for a while. You'd think they'd put their best drivers in one of the most popular trucks. I know this post is a bit unrelated but something I've been wondering for a while.

56 minutes ago, bkelly said:

Why has Monster Mutt never had a dynamic, exciting driver for a long period of time? Trucks like Monster Energy or Monster Mutt Dalmatian have always had just one or two exciting or strong drivers for years (Candice was a bit slow at first but improved pretty quickly). Everytime they get a stronger driver in Monster Mutt, their out in two years, like Ryan Anderson (given SUD was waiting), Wine, O'Donnell, Creech, Kenny, and Bryan Winston. They've had decent drivers for a while like Tarlton but never just one or two exciting, dynamic drivers for a while. You'd think they'd put their best drivers in one of the most popular trucks. I know this post is a bit unrelated but something I've been wondering for a while.

It's always been the expendable truck

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bkelly said:

Why has Monster Mutt never had a dynamic, exciting driver for a long period of time? Trucks like Monster Energy or Monster Mutt Dalmatian have always had just one or two exciting or strong drivers for years (Candice was a bit slow at first but improved pretty quickly). Everytime they get a stronger driver in Monster Mutt, they're out in two years, like Ryan Anderson (given SUD was waiting), Wine, O'Donnell, Creech, Kenny, and Bryan Winston. They've had decent drivers for a while like Tarlton but never just one or two exciting, dynamic drivers for a while. You'd think they'd put their best drivers in one of the most popular trucks. I know this post is a bit unrelated but something I've been wondering for a while.

I mean Dustin Brown did a pretty good job when he drove. And yea it was two years. I think the truck is dying out except for dalmation with Candice. Cynthia is a much better driver IMO but Candice works better with the crowds. Cynthia needs her own identity imo. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bkelly said:

Great Clips Mohawk Warrior, VP Racing Fuels Mad Scientist, FS1 Cleatus, Gas Monkey Garage, Lucas Oil Crusader, Metal Mulisha, and Hot Wheels are all either corporate sponsorship, or brands that have agreed to license their brand for use on a Monster Jam truck. As long as these trucks have a corporate sponsor they will have at least one main driver that the brands can use for promotional purposes. Look at the past for example, when Ford sponsored Blue Thunder, it had one main driver for the full season, like Tony Farrell, Norm Miller, Lyle Hanrooster and eventually Linsey Weenk, they all drove it for a full season including the World Finals instead of having someone like a Digger driver just fill the seat at a World Finals

Corporate sponsorship is also why Bryce Kenny made it in the WF this year. Most, if not all of the companies with a truck probably have it in their contracts that they go to the World Finals not matter what.

So with the recent news of the Oakland Raiders soon moving to Las Vegas in the coming years, there seems to be heavy speculation that the UNLV Rebels will also be moving into the new stadium that is being built.  The new stadium isn't being built on top of Sam Boyd, but that does raise the question, what happens to the stadium if the Rebels leave?  Does the World Finals move out to somewhere else?  Orlando is no longer an option to host the similar racing style with recent renovations.  Will FELD buy a stadium just to maintain the legacy of the World Finals, or is this the beginning of a new World Finals for Monster Jam?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oakland-raiders-may-share-their-stunning-new-las-vegas-stadium-with-unlv/

So unless the proverbial rug is pulled out from underneath UNLV, it looks like the dream of a new stadium is coming true (the controversy of publicly funding the stadium be damned). This has been a topic in one form or another for UNLV for a while, but the relocation of the Raiders is by far the biggest step toward a new facility coming to fruition. The Rebels have also been working toward a new football facility. 

UNLV has been playing in Sam Boyd Stadium since the 1970s when the structure was built and have been looking for a new home. Though the stadium has been upgraded from time to time over the years, it can ub no way compete with what the Raiders will bring to the area. 

Edited by DannyMackey

2 hours ago, DannyMackey said:

So with the recent news of the Oakland Raiders soon moving to Las Vegas in the coming years, there seems to be heavy speculation that the UNLV Rebels will also be moving into the new stadium that is being built.  The new stadium isn't being built on top of Sam Boyd, but that does raise the question, what happens to the stadium if the Rebels leave?  Does the World Finals move out to somewhere else?  Orlando is no longer an option to host the similar racing style with recent renovations.  Will FELD buy a stadium just to maintain the legacy of the World Finals, or is this the beginning of a new World Finals for Monster Jam?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oakland-raiders-may-share-their-stunning-new-las-vegas-stadium-with-unlv/

Well, if UNLV moves into Raider stadium, I'd imagine the university would want to get Dam Boyd Stadium off their books since they'd have no use for it and would look to sell the land. If that's the case Feld could look at buying the land if they want to keep the Supercross finals and MJ World Finals there. However, I'm not sure if Feld would want to undertake the task of maintaining a stadium just so they could have two events there.

There's also the fact that the land may be valuable to developers, and if the land is considered valuable that could drive the price up and maybe make it not worth buying it.

If they don't I could easily see the World Finals vecoming something like WrestleMania, or the Super Bowl where they host it in different cities each year.

2 hours ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

Well, if UNLV moves into Raider stadium, I'd imagine the university would want to get Dam Boyd Stadium off their books since they'd have no use for it and would look to sell the land. If that's the case Feld could look at buying the land if they want to keep the Supercross finals and MJ World Finals there. However, I'm not sure if Feld would want to undertake the task of maintaining a stadium just so they could have two events there.

There's also the fact that the land may be valuable to developers, and if the land is considered valuable that could drive the price up and maybe make it not worth buying it.

If they don't I could easily see the World Finals vecoming something like WrestleMania, or the Super Bowl where they host it in different cities each year.

I don't know, the World Finals

has always been tradition I don't think they'll move it around. I could see it being moved the Glendale, Arizona. They have a  big floor and could most likely have the same racing style. And the new stadium won't be done until 2019 or 2020.

I'm not totally convinced UNLV would want to sell a completely paid off stadium that is still good for hosting tons of events in one of the busiest cities in the world... but even if they did, It's not like it would be a bad idea for FELD to buy it. I'm not saying they would or should, but they could easily hire on a few(dozen) more people and run the stadium year round themselves hosting concerts or whatever just as an extra means of income. I'm not so sure it would happen, but there are many worse things they could do with the money.

1 hour ago, NavySonicShell said:

I'm not totally convinced UNLV would want to sell a completely paid off stadium that is still good for hosting tons of events in one of the busiest cities in the world... but even if they did, It's not like it would be a bad idea for FELD to buy it. I'm not saying they would or should, but they could easily hire on a few(dozen) more people and run the stadium year round themselves hosting concerts or whatever just as an extra means of income. I'm not so sure it would happen, but there are many worse things they could do with the money.

Off the top of my head Sam Boyd Stadium hosts 5 events every year, 3 of them being the World Finals, Supercross finals and the Monster Energy Cup, all these from Feld. I could easily see once the new stadium is built them wanting to move at least the Supercross finals in the new stadium.

The other two are the USA Rugby Sevens and the Las Vegas Bowl. I'd be willing to bet that the Las Vegas Bowl will move to the new stadium. Not sure what Rugby Sevens would do, as I'm not too familiar with it.

So at some point, if you're from UNLV and it's only the WF, and Rugby there, is it even worth keeping the building and maintainung it?

The thing is, the new stadium won't be done until the 2021 World Finals. In those 4 years a lot of things regarding that situation could and will change.

I doubt they'll move from Sam Boyd because a lot of money gets put into each event, making it more popular each time anything is held there. Plus, it's just better having it at Sam Boyd. As much as I dislike Las Vegas itself, it's perfect where it is right now.

1 hour ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

Off the top of my head Sam Boyd Stadium hosts 5 events every year, 3 of them being the World Finals, Supercross finals and the Monster Energy Cup, all these from Feld. I could easily see once the new stadium is built them wanting to move at least the Supercross finals in the new stadium.

The other two are the USA Rugby Sevens and the Las Vegas Bowl. I'd be willing to bet that the Las Vegas Bowl will move to the new stadium. Not sure what Rugby Sevens would do, as I'm not too familiar with it.

So at some point, if you're from UNLV and it's only the WF, and Rugby there, is it even worth keeping the building and maintainung it?

The thing is, the new stadium won't be done until the 2021 World Finals. In those 4 years a lot of things regarding that situation could and will change.

Oh my bad, I thought the stadium was a bit busier than that.