Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

1003564505_fbc_unlv_0912_11_0_1.jpg

if FELD can't afford to purchase the stadium they probably would want to stay south with the even and still find a open air stadium that has the horseshoe shape that you can continue the vegas J hook racing. if any place comes to mind it would be Baylor's McLane stadium. they look similar and have a great capacity.

McLaneStadium1.png

7 hours ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

The thing is, the new stadium won't be done until the 2021 World Finals. In those 4 years a lot of things regarding that situation could and will change.

The Raiders are expected to play in Oakland for at least 2 more years and the stadium should be done by 2020. 

22 minutes ago, bkelly said:

The Raiders are expected to play in Oakland for at least 2 more years and the stadium should be done by 2020. 

Yeah, it will be open in time for the 2020 NFL season, which would start in September 2020, so the first World Finals would be 2021. Atlanta's new stadium broke ground in May of 2014, and it will open in August of this year, so that would be 3 years from ground breaking to opening. They have yet to break ground in Las Vegas, and assuming it takes the same amount of time, it own;t be open in time for the 2020 World Finals.

On 27/03/2017 at 4:53 PM, bkelly said:

So Camden Murphy gets Rookie of the Year and not Sipes? Kind of odd.

I agree. Justin Sipes won his tour on his VERY FIRST season behind the wheel of a monster truck. That's a massive accomplishment! Why wasn't he recognized instead of Camden?

The thing about the new stadium is that it has 360 degrees worth of space all around the stadium for pit parties. The problem is that the floor size is no bigger than the Mercedes Benz Superdome size, being on the floor all the time for 15 years. Now the Superdome floor size is bigger than most of the indoor stadiums. I have to say though, they should add this stadium to their stadium tour, cause this venue is sick!

2 hours ago, Tylinater said:

As great as that front-flip was, I personally don't think it should've won.

I thought that we were past these "one trick wonder" freestyle runs.

When its something as sick as a clean as f*ck front flip, it 100% deserves to win.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

When its something as sick as a clean as f*ck front flip, it 100% deserves to win.

He did it without the assistance of a specialty ramp like Max D had which was awesome but that run as a whole shouldn't have beat out the rest. Elliot and Koehler had better overall runs than O'Donnell. Compared to O'Donnell, they both beat him in every aspect (Momentum, air, tech). Sounds to me like you're saying that O'Donnell should win because of ONE move, that ONE move defines a freestyle. That's like saying that Jim Jack should win because he did a lucky move even though the freestyle was lack luster. If the judges are going to decide the champion off one lucky move then might as well make a monster jam best trick competition. 

11 minutes ago, Tylinater said:

He did it without the assistance of a specialty ramp like Max D had which was awesome but that run as a whole shouldn't have beat out the rest. Elliot and Koehler had better overall runs than O'Donnell. Compared to O'Donnell, they both beat him in every aspect (Momentum, air, tech). Sounds to me like you're saying that O'Donnell should win because of ONE move, that ONE move defines a freestyle. That's like saying that Jim Jack should win because he did a lucky move even though the freestyle was lack luster. If the judges are going to decide the champion off one lucky move then might as well make a monster jam best trick competition. 

but a best trick competition would be pointless. Lee did the First clean front flip and landed it. remember Cam Mcqueen pulling off that first backflip in competition? same as that.