Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

45 minutes ago, Vaxen said:

I will be going to this Saturday's Monster Spectacular in Montreal. I'm very hyped about that! 

Dont worry, I'll be sure to take plenty of pics

Do you know the lineup?

I know its been said before, but all FELD trucks running mufflers sucks. I think they sound cool, nothings compares to open headers. Best sounds ive ever heard from these trucks were Monster energy and son uva digger in santa clara in 2016 and Avenger at WF18. 

Here's what I know about Syracuse so far:

Scott Buetow almost crashed into the stands in Qualifying; Ryan Disharoon rolled in the same race. 

Neil Elliott, surprisingly, did not qualify for Racing, but had a great save in Wheelies.

In Freestyle, nearly half of the field crashed not even a minute into their runs.

Ryan Anderson won Freestyle, despite close runs from Neil Elliott and Adam Anderson.

• Upvote 1

Went to Montreal's Monster Spectacular. Great show.

MATT BUYTEN WAS ACTUALLY THERE TO DO FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS, I'M NOT KIDDING. 

The animator dabbed. Made me want to kms lol

So to answer your question, there was...

-Anger Management

-Temperature Rising

-Hurricane Force

-Storm Damage

-Wrecking Crew

-Rage

-Brutus

-Avenger

-Overkill Evolution

-Black Stallion

-Bounty Hunter

-Scarlet Bandit

-Knucklehead

-Red Baron

Bounty Hunter won Racing

I assume Overkill Evolution won freestyle.

Anger Management has a great, great new look. Better than the original imo.

I even took plenty of pics, enough pics so that we could eventually be able to reproduce the track in Rigs Of Rods! I'll upload the photos later, its late now...

As much as I like the scoring system, I'm afraid there's a good chance that it won't last long. Out of the 7 destinations this weekend, it was used in only 2; Syracuse and Chattanooga.

In other news, Monster Mutt Rottweiler driver JR Seasock got his first Overall Event Championship last night. Good for him!

15 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

As much as I like the scoring system, I'm afraid there's a good chance that it won't last long. Out of the 7 destinations this weekend, it was used in only 2; Syracuse and Chattanooga.

In other news, Monster Mutt Rottweiler driver JR Seasock got his first Overall Event Championship last night. Good for him!

Considering the fact that this scoring system has only been used for a small period of time, I think they are still in a bit of a testing phase with the system. I'm no technology expert, but the idea of 7 different facilities with a lot of people using 1 website at possibly the same time could be prone to crash the servers or something. I also haven't heard of much complaining after the World Finals about winners, so I think that this system will be around for a while because the fans are still judging, and the few select judges being biased has been minimized.