Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

No he sold his stuff quite awhile ago, Matt Austin owned the original Anger Management (became Blue Mountain Monster) and then he sold it. Judging by what I can see in the photos, I believe Anger Management in those photos is actually the old American Guardian truck.

The Jamboree line-up is out, but I don't see it here yet so I'll go ahead and post it.

Lima and Bloomsburg will have:

• General Tire driven by Dale Gerding (Smashasaurus/Big Dawg)
  • Bigfoot driven by Larry Swim
  • Tailgator driven by Doug Noelke
  • Snake Bite driven by "Vinny Venom"
  • Stinger driven by Zane Rettew
  • Master of Disaster driven by Paul Strong

Indianapolis will be a bit different:

• General Tire driven by Dale Gerding (Smashasaurus/Big Dawg)
  • Bigfoot driven by Larry Swim
  • Tailgator driven by Doug Noelke
  • Snake Bite driven by "Vinny Venom"
  • Dirt Crew driven by Jerry Beck
  • Quad Chaos driven by Aaron Cain

They're good as event lineups, but as far as Jamboree's go, six trucks is pretty lackluster.

4 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

Where's the Hall Bros trucks? Kind of bizarre the team that's been the staple next to Bigfoot for 20 years isn't there. Still, I like seeing some variety after some very stagnant lineups for ten years.

Team Scream also isn't there. Which is more common than the Halls being gone, but still.

Is Team Scream doing more Monster Jam shows this summer?

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, Tylinater said:

As great as that front-flip was, I personally don't think it should've won.

I thought that we were past these "one trick wonder" freestyle runs.

As much as I hate to bump arguments/topics, I feel like I should put my opinion here for perspective as well

Lee O'Donnell deserves the win for sure in my opinion, in a technical perspective his freestyle was great. Plenty of consistent airtime and great driving. It was a solid freestyle. The backflip as always was impressive too. And to top it off with a worlds first kinda cased him the win for sure. Not only that, but as you guys said, that may never ever happen again. That was a perfect frontflip, and he landed without any damage whatsoever. Not only that, but it was Lee's dream to win and anyone deserves their dreams fulfilled. Especially after doing the unthinkable and impossible.

6 minutes ago, Warwizard said:

As much as I hate to bump arguments/topics, I feel like I should put my opinion here for perspective as well

Lee O'Donnell deserves the win for sure in my opinion, in a technical perspective his freestyle was great. Plenty of consistent airtime and great driving. It was a solid freestyle. The backflip as always was impressive too. And to top it off with a worlds first kinda cased him the win for sure. Not only that, but as you guys said, that may never ever happen again. That was a perfect frontflip, and he landed without any damage whatsoever. Not only that, but it was Lee's dream to win and anyone deserves their dreams fulfilled. Especially after doing the unthinkable and impossible.

He would overrotated the frontflip if the place were he landed wasnt muddy

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

He would overrotated the frontflip if the place were he landed wasnt muddy

Exactly. Its never gonna happen again in my opinion. Or at least, how Lee did it in competition.

Also I know I'm a little late to say this but I think this years World Finals was one of the best ones in a while. Both in track, trucks, and performances.

• Upvote 1

Things that I found surprising last weekend:

Syracuse - Ryan Anderson dominated fresh out of his World Racing Championship, which isn't very common for new world champions. Not only that, but he had a moonwalk that lasted just about 10 seconds.

Baton Rouge - El Toro Loco driver Kayla Blood took an Overall Event Championship on the last show of the weekend.

Cincinnati - Already mentioned it, but I'll say it again; Monster Mutt Rottweiler driver JR Seasock took his first Overall Event Championship.

Huntsville - Hotsy driver Dale Benear took his first Overall Event Championship (Felt relieving since Randy Brown and Gary Porter were destroying the entire weekend).

I didn't mention the other cities because I didn't find anything that truly surprised me from them.

24 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Things that I found surprising last weekend:

Syracuse - Ryan Anderson dominated fresh out of his World Racing Championship, which isn't very common for new world champions. Not only that, but he had a moonwalk that lasted just about 10 seconds.

Baton Rouge - El Toro Loco driver Kayla Blood took an Overall Event Championship on the last show of the weekend.

Cincinnati - Already mentioned it, but I'll say it again; Monster Mutt Rottweiler driver JR Seasock took his first Overall Event Championship.

Huntsville - Hotsy driver Dale Benear took his first Overall Event Championship (Felt relieving since Randy Brown and Gary Porter were destroying the entire weekend).

I didn't mention the other cities because I didn't find anything that truly surprised me from them.

Zane Rettew did pretty well in Chattanooga and replaced Team Vaters (dunno why they conflicted the schedule with Montreal) with his truck and MoD

The hypetrain for MetLife Stadium has now left the station, here is the current lineup for Monster Jam Path of Destruction in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium on June 17!:

One thing to note, I bolded one familiar name because guess who's back.

• Grave Digger - Adam Anderson
  • Max-D - Tom Meents
  • El Toro Loco - Chuck Werner
  • Great Clips Mohawk Warrior - Bryce Kenny
  • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm - Scott Buetow
  • Gas Monkey Garage - BJ Johnson
  • Lucas Oil Crusader - Linsey Weenk
  • Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian - Candice Jolly
  • VP Racing Fuel's Mad Scientist - Lee O'Donnell
  • Razin' Kane - Buddy Tompkins
  • Jester - Matt Pagliarulo

Additional trucks and drivers to be announced. Really hoping for Brianna Mahon, Jon Zimmer, and Todd LeDuc (You're telling me MetLife is happening this year without this guy? Seriously?).