Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

I can definitely see why people are getting so upset over their videos and even channels being taken down. Coming from someone who hates to see one of my videos being taken down, I can only imagine how it must feel to have all of your videos taken down. 
However, holding a grudge against Feld Entertainment for taking down your videos is like being upset at the manager of a store that you just stole a tv from. The ownership of your video goes far beyond the person who held the camera. Even though you pointed your camera at the track and filmed the event, they still own everything that you just filmed. On the marketing aspect of the situation, I think this is a great way to improve their Fox Sports 1 viewership, which is probably what they were aiming for. 

Basically, when you originally uploaded a video that contained content from a Monster Jam event, the risk for a situation like this was always present.

*This was not aimed at anyone in particular. It was mostly aimed at people who the situation effected*

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

Well, I always credit Feld in my videos and always make sure to credit the music organizers. So I just hope Feld at least sees I'm giving them credit. Hopefully this will all blow over soon.

Hell! It could Fox Sports 1 that's asking for this!

42 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Well, I always credit Feld in my videos and always make sure to credit the music organizers. So I just hope Feld at least sees I'm giving them credit. Hopefully this will all blow over soon.

Hell! It could Fox Sports 1 that's asking for this!

Even if you credit them, it's still is technically the same thing as stealing a tv. I don't like these copyright laws and I think more fair use should be put in place (as long proper credits are given and stuff). I don't like watching most of FELD's videos because they're a bit slow and every clip has been sped-up, slowed down, etc. I like the highlight vids people make and stuff because it's more to the point. I always watch monsterjamfilms World Finals highlight video because I'm not watching 3 hours of stuff that Feld filmed when someone went through and made a 15 minute video of the entire event's highlights.

I just checked MonsterJamFilms YouTube and it's been stripped of everything. Either it's the bot or they took it down before the bot did but it's pretty much empty.

Hagan I'd be careful because your videos are some of the more popular ones with Monster Jam highlights.

Very interesting news regarding Australia:

• Scott Liddycoat makes his grand return behind the wheel of Dragon.
  • Grave Digger driver and Arena Tour 4 Champion Randy Brown will be driving Blue Thunder.
  • Dragon driver Jon Zimmer will be driving Earth Shaker.

Other competitors for Australia:

• Grave Digger - Adam Anderson
  • Max-D - Neil Elliott
  • El Toro Loco - Marc McDonald
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian - Candice Jolly
  • Monster Energy -Todd LeDuc
  • Megalodon - Alex Blackwell

Additional trucks/drivers to be announced. To Skyliner849, Argentina's lineup has yet to be announced, and there is no news regarding Chile yet.

So.... Since no one posted.... Amazed no one posted this... Miami, OK lineup: 

Avenger - Jim Koehler

Barbarian - Devin Jones

Big Chief - Chris Trussell

Big Kahuna - Shane England 

Dirt Crew - Jerry Beck

Equalizer - Mike Hawkins 

Hot Tamale - Dirty Joe

Over Bored - Jamey Garner 

Quad Chaos - Aaron Cain 

Rage - Cory Rummell

Spike - Brad Allen 

And A "Brand New Team Scream Truck To Be Unveiled In Miami"

• Upvote 1

Stafford Springs, CT - Stafford Motor Speedway

Jul 22, 2017 - Jul 23, 2017

Featuring: Grave Digger driven by Pablo Huffaker, Monster Mutt driven by Kevin Crocker, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, El Toro Loco driven by Kayla Blood, Stinger driven by Zane Rettew, Master of Disaster driven by Paul Strong, Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

Pretty nifty... I am still triggered tho cause Hagerstown is still not up... Thats my second local show... But I thought that I might as well share the news about Stafford. 

20 minutes ago, NCLBreakaway said:

Stafford Springs, CT - Stafford Motor Speedway

Jul 22, 2017 - Jul 23, 2017

Featuring: Grave Digger driven by Pablo Huffaker, Monster Mutt driven by Kevin Crocker, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, El Toro Loco driven by Kayla Blood, Stinger driven by Zane Rettew, Master of Disaster driven by Paul Strong, Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

Pretty nifty... I am still triggered tho cause Hagerstown is still not up... Thats my second local show... But I thought that I might as well share the news about Stafford. 

hagerstown? i go to the sunday show every year

I may be going out on a limb a bit here but FELD may be cracking down on the livestreams and YouTube videos because they're making their own service for the sort. All of their partners have had something like this in the past, FOX being the current one, and their entertainment rivals have it too. FELD has been putting up an absurd amount of videos on YouTube this year, probably just to test if they would get attention. Nowadays people spend more time on the internet than on TV, and making a subscription based "network" is a great way to capitalize on that. Just my thoughts. Definitely more hopeful than realistic, but who knows.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Michael Alford said:

I may be going out on a limb a bit here but FELD may be cracking down on the livestreams and YouTube videos because they're making their own service for the sort. All of their partners have had something like this in the past, FOX being the current one, and their entertainment rivals have it too. FELD has been putting up an absurd amount of videos on YouTube this year, probably just to test if they would get attention. Nowadays people spend more time on the internet than on TV, and making a subscription based "network" is a great way to capitalize on that. Just my thoughts. Definitely more hopeful than realistic, but who knows.

so similar to MotorTrendonDemand? have a poo ton of old races w/ commentary and put up new events somewhere between 1 week and 1 month after the event? if so, i would pay $5 a month for that in a heartbeat (of america lol)