Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

A minor update was made to the Santa Clara lineup; Rod Wood will be making his Levi's Stadium debut in McGruff. 13 of the 14 trucks have been announced, and something tells me Mark Schroeder is going to grab that last spot.

44 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

A minor update was made to the Santa Clara lineup; Rod Wood will be making his Levi's Stadium debut in McGruff. 13 of the 14 trucks have been announced, and something tells me Mark Schroeder is going to grab that last spot.

Yes, That minor update was made because Mark Schroeder and Devastator will not be at the show so Rod Wood and McGruff will be filling his spot. Here was the lineup from around March 10:

Santa Clara:  Grave Digger driven by Adam Anderson, Max-D, El Toro Loco driven by Chuck Werner, Monster Energy driven by Todd LeDuc, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, FS1 Cleatus driven by Colt Stephens, Gas Monkey Garage driven by BJ Johnson, Lucas Oil Crusader driven by Linsey Weenk, Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Monster Mutt Dalmatian driven by Candice Jolly, Time Flys driven by Kelvin Ramer, Wild Flower driven by Rosalee Ramer, Devastator driven by Mark Schroeder, Additional trucks/drivers to be announced

Also please don't bold names... it's annoying... we don't need them emphasized from the rest of your post. Plus it makes it seem like you're surprised that the specific driver is driving that truck... 

1 hour ago, NavySonicShell said:

It's said that since The site had the massive update to it, and I'm pretty sure the rule was in place before then even. It's nothing new.

like I said might I can't remember crap

2 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

Dude don't hate on The Rock, he's cool as hell. Besides he's doing this for an HBO show

I don't hate The Rock, he's awesome. But he's basically a just a celebrity now and seeing Monster Jam and Hollywood celebrities in the same room just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know, I'll have to see the finished product before I can say more.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

I don't hate The Rock, he's awesome. But he's basically a just a celebrity now and seeing Monster Jam and Hollywood celebrities in the same room just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know, I'll have to see the finished product before I can say more.

I mean so long as they do a good portrayal of the trucks I see it as great publicity. We need more figures to move us from the "yeehaw jacked up trucks built by hicks" stereotype that's been over us since the 80s

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pink Guy said:

I mean so long as they do a good portrayal of the trucks I see it as great publicity. We need more figures to move us from the "yeehaw jacked up trucks built by hicks" stereotype that's been over us since the 80s

This is true, those stereotypes are honestly why I don't talk about monster trucks so much.

i like the direction monster jam is going but at the same time its stupid, inoticed alot this year that more of my friends are getting into monster jam and that theyre building a bigger crowd but at the same time alot of stuff is crap like the fs1 tour and the track designs wish they would go back to how they had it in 2014

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, Elias said:

i like the direction monster jam is going but at the same time its stupid, inoticed alot this year that more of my friends are getting into monster jam and that theyre building a bigger crowd but at the same time alot of stuff is crap like the fs1 tour and the track designs wish they would go back to how they had it in 2014

Honestly I'd want it the track designs to go further back. Like, I loved the tracks from 2007-2011. Those tracks were amazing and they always were different and interesting. It's kinda what kept me interested in Monster Jam too: seeing trucks handle these crazy obstacles and ramps that were basically one of a kind. I especially loved the tracks that they made after World Finals 9, because they started to make more obstacles similar to the triple bus stack: which proved to be a challenge for most trucks. Like I remember watching the Orlando show on TV and they had a double van stack and it was exciting to see drivers try and clear it. Hell, I even remember Mike Vaters and Black Stallion trying it too, who never was really that risky in freestyle. It was just interesting to see the drivers try and step up and do better every show.

And honestly, I don't see why, making all dirt tracks is more fair. I know that sounds crazy, but I was recently watching some of the older World Finals and one thing I realized was that when a truck knocked down a huge obstacle (for example: Black Stallion knocking down the big truck trailer at World Finals 3), they'd add another obstacle (such as another stack of cars or a camper) to even it out and have other trucks try and get similar point value to the previously demolished obstacle.

I don't know, its just I really do miss it when track setup gave a stadium character for each show. And now its basically the same track setup for every stadium. Which sucks because you basically see the same freestyle over and over. And the less experienced drivers don't improve because there's nothing that new or different to try and step up on (other than a backflip ramp).

7 minutes ago, Warwizard said:

Honestly I'd want it the track designs to go further back. Like, I loved the tracks from 2007-2011. Those tracks were amazing and they always were different and interesting. It's kinda what kept me interested in Monster Jam too: seeing trucks handle these crazy obstacles and ramps that were basically one of a kind. I especially loved the tracks that they made after World Finals 9, because they started to make more obstacles similar to the triple bus stack: which proved to be a challenge for most trucks. Like I remember watching the Orlando show on TV and they had a double van stack and it was exciting to see drivers try and clear it. Hell, I even remember Mike Vaters and Black Stallion trying it too, who never was really that risky in freestyle. It was just interesting to see the drivers try and step up and do better every show.

And honestly, I don't see why, making all dirt tracks is more fair. I know that sounds crazy, but I was recently watching some of the older World Finals and one thing I realized was that when a truck knocked down a huge obstacle (for example: Black Stallion knocking down the big truck trailer at World Finals 3), they'd add another obstacle (such as another stack of cars or a camper) to even it out and have other trucks try and get similar point value to the previously demolished obstacle.

I don't know, its just I really do miss it when track setup gave a stadium character for each show. And now its basically the same track setup for every stadium. Which sucks because you basically see the same freestyle over and over. And the less experienced drivers don't improve because there's nothing that new or different to try and step up on (other than a backflip ramp).

yep orlando 2010 was a great show now the only awsome risky things that happens are saves and backflips, i get why they have to make dirt tracks for safety reasons but why does it have to look the same, miss the challenging obstacles like the giant motorcross ramp that they had in 09-10 and the double stacks 

1 hour ago, Elias said:

yep orlando 2010 was a great show now the only awsome risky things that happens are saves and backflips, i get why they have to make dirt tracks for safety reasons but why does it have to look the same, miss the challenging obstacles like the giant motorcross ramp that they had in 09-10 and the double stacks 

Yeah. Its sad. I wish tracks had more character and uniqueness. It sucks

On 4/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Love how FELD is becoming more and more of a sellout and all of these kids are all like "Dude awesome" and "Yesss invite The Rock to World Finals 19"...

...and I'm like...

On 4/16/2017 at 0:05 AM, Elias said:

" Wahhh my niche hobby is getting more exposure by appearing in the mainstream and is building a bigger fanbase by having more exciting moments and a legitimate points championships on TV wahh.":(:(:(:(:(

• Upvote 13