Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

29 minutes ago, Double.D ッ said:

" Wahhh my niche hobby is getting more exposure by appearing in the mainstream and is building a bigger fanbase by having more exciting moments and a legitimate points championships on TV wahh.":(:(:(:(:(

Well I understand where he's coming from; at first monster truck racing is kind of a special hobby and once it gets more attention it's changed as the people behind the sport want more profit. 

Then the new fan base gets behind the big company and supports their decisions and suddenly the sport has radically changed from what originally got you hooked. For instance, someone sees a monster truck crushes a van stack and loves the sport and then the company that controls the sport makes a decision that doesn't involve van stacks. A new fan base comes around and likes the dirt jumps. The company won't change; they might lose profit. And then the original fan isn't getting what originally got their attention.

This is just an example, van stacks is a little stupid to use but it's an easy comparison.

Im sure this same argument happened when the Penda Points series era ended and when freestyle started and then now when the sport changed from what it was. 

Dont get me wrong, the new points series is really neat and I like the aligned tours or the more random line-ups. Especially arenas - FELD's done a lot to improve those. But the same track week in week out gets a little repetitive.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bkelly said:

Well I understand where he's coming from; at first monster truck racing is kind of a special hobby and once it gets more attention it's changed as the people behind the sport want more profit. 

Then the new fan base gets behind the big company and supports their decisions and suddenly the sport has radically changed from what originally got you hooked. For instance, someone sees a monster truck crushes a van stack and loves the sport and then the company that controls the sport makes a decision that doesn't involve van stacks. A new fan base comes around and likes the dirt jumps. The company won't change; they might lose profit. And then the original fan isn't getting what originally got their attention.

This is just an example, van stacks is a little stupid to use but it's an easy comparison.

Im sure this same argument happened when the Penda Points series era ended and when freestyle started and then now when the sport changed from what it was. 

Dont get me wrong, the new points series is really neat and I like the aligned tours or the more random line-ups. Especially arenas - FELD's done a lot to improve those. But the same track week in week out gets a little repetitive.

Well, the first thing that called my attention and made me a MJ fan, was the destruction, i mean the RVs, the bus stacks and all those kind of obstacles. I liked big air but i prefered destruction more than that but now the only destruction i see is the trucks (which sucks sometimes). Dont get me wrong, MJ still being cool but its not what called my attention when i first saw it anymore

i like the attention that monster jam is saying im just not that big of a fan of the fs1 series i can agree that its neat and cool but most of the trucks that i grew up to love arnt on it and i never really get to see them on tv unless i watch it on youtube and now that they have the series alot of the older trucks are starting to fade away because they are seen less, and also when your seeing the same track and truck lineup all the time then it starts to feel like the same thing over and over 

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

Well, the first thing that called my attention and made me a MJ fan, was the destruction, i mean the RVs, the bus stacks and all those kind of obstacles. I liked big air but i prefered destruction more than that but now the only destruction i see is the trucks (which sucks sometimes). Dont get me wrong, MJ still being cool but its not what called my attention when i first saw it anymore

I agree with this on so many levels.

7 minutes ago, Elias said:

i know other sports do it but i grew up on this and the only motorsports i watch is monster jam so yeah 

2 hours ago, Elias said:

i like the attention that monster jam is saying im just not that big of a fan of the fs1 series i can agree that its neat and cool but most of the trucks that i grew up to love arnt on it and i never really get to see them on tv unless i watch it on youtube and now that they have the series alot of the older trucks are starting to fade away because they are seen less, and also when your seeing the same track and truck lineup all the time then it starts to feel like the same thing over and over 

Hey man, you dropped some of these on the floor. . . . . . ., . . ., ., . . . . ,. .

• Upvote 5

If Ford Tauruses were an endless resource and cost a few hundred dollars a piece, I'm sure they'd still have cars in the jumps. Honestly most of the changes Monster Jam has made really aren't deal breakers. I mean a lot of the nuances and special things we enjoyed in the past are gone, such as unique courses and most of the cars, but it's not really too big of a deal when it comes down to it. Except for backflips. Those got stale a long time ago. (Unless it's a back-to-backflip or corkscrew)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JackMProductions said:

If Ford Tauruses were an endless resource and cost a few hundred dollars a piece, I'm sure they'd still have cars in the jumps. Honestly most of the changes Monster Jam has made really aren't deal breakers. I mean a lot of the nuances and special things we enjoyed in the past are gone, such as unique courses and most of the cars, but it's not really too big of a deal when it comes down to it. Except for backflips. Those got stale a long time ago. (Unless it's a back-to-backflip or corkscrew)

I have to agree with this. I'd love to go back in time and go to World Finals 9 and see that track in person, or attend a stadium show from 2008-2010, but what we have now is just as good, if not better. This year of monster jam was one of the overall best in a long time I would argue, and I think it's smart to make progress and grow the company rather than to regress into the past. 

Also backflips are such a double edge sword to me, like I don't want them to be much more important than any other move, but If I went to a stadium show and no one did one I'd probably be disappointed a bit...

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Double.D ッ said:

" Wahhh my niche hobby is getting more exposure by appearing in the mainstream and is building a bigger fanbase by having more exciting moments and a legitimate points championships on TV wahh.":(:(:(:(:(

I'm glad it's taking an expansion as far as big moments and points championships go, but I don't like how it's becoming a business over a sport and a hobby. I also like how they're expanding their fanbase, the more the merrier, but the methods they're using (i.e. The Rock) are to my disliking.

October shows in Indianapolis and Houston woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Indianapolis Line up

Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Grave Digger driven by Morgan Kane, Max-D, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, VP Racing Fuels' Mad Scientist driven by Lee O'Donnell, Gas Monkey Garage driven by BJ Johnson, Lucas Oil Crusader driven by Linsey Weenk, Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Soldier Fortune, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Over Bored driven by Jamey Garner, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

Houston Line Up

Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Grave Digger driven by Morgan Kane, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, FS1 Cleatus driven by Colt Stephens, Gas Monkey Garage driven by BJ Johnson, Lucas Oil Crusader driven by Linsey Weenk, Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Soldier Fortune, VP Racing Fuels' Mad Scientist driven by Lee O'Donnell, Avenger driven by Jim Koehler, Brutus driven by Brad Allen, Trucks/drivers subject to change

On 18/04/2017 at 11:50 AM, NavySonicShell said:

I have to agree with this. I'd love to go back in time and go to World Finals 9 and see that track in person, or attend a stadium show from 2008-2010, but what we have now is just as good, if not better. This year of monster jam was one of the overall best in a long time I would argue, and I think it's smart to make progress and grow the company rather than to regress into the past. 

Also backflips are such a double edge sword to me, like I don't want them to be much more important than any other move, but If I went to a stadium show and no one did one I'd probably be disappointed a bit...

I do agree with you in some parts. This season was amazing indeed. So much amazing moments, and that frontflip by Lee O'Donnell is truly the cherry on top of the cake.

I would still like it if they still had buses, more crush cars, etc.

I feel like the dirt layouts are very good. The only thing it's missing are crush cars. And with the way the tracks are made, I think there is definitely enough space to put crush cars in a more creative way. Like, how about they put cars next to some dirt ramps or on some dirt ramps, or something like that.

To make tracks even more interesting, they should make every track unique in itself and get creative. In that way, I definitely think Monster Jam will become just as great as back in the day.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

October shows in Indianapolis and Houston woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Indianapolis Line up

Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Grave Digger driven by Morgan Kane, Max-D, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, VP Racing Fuels' Mad Scientist driven by Lee O'Donnell, Gas Monkey Garage driven by BJ Johnson, Lucas Oil Crusader driven by Linsey Weenk, Son-uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Soldier Fortune, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Over Bored driven by Jamey Garner, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

Oh I am so going to this. This is a fantastic lineup

• Upvote 1

They also announced shows in Calgary and Dayton.

Calgary Lineup:

Grave Digger driven by Randy Brown, Northern Nightmare driven by Cam McQueen, Zombie driven by Linsey Weenk, Monster Mutt Dalmatian driven by Cynthia Gauthier, Double Trouble driven by Tyler Groth, Trouble Maker driven by Travis Groth, Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

Dayton Lineup:

Additional trucks/drivers to be announced, Grave Digger driven by Pablo Huffaker, Monster Mutt driven by Kevin Crocker, Stinger driven by Zane Rettew, Master of Disaster driven by Paul Strong, Hooked driven by Bryan Wright, Stone Crusher driven by Steve Sims, Trucks/drivers subject to change.

With the former, I really like how Trouble Maker is coming back, and Linsey Weenk in Zombie again is nice, overall really good. As for the ladder...let's just say it's OK so far.