Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Scott Douglass has officially retired. (Instagram morons think he's getting fired because "THEY WANT SUM1 NEW FUGG FELD" not because... y'know.. he's at retirement age). Figured this day was coming, he's been honestly a non-entity for the last three or so years and you can tell he was getting up to the retirement point. Hopefully he'll get a place in the MTHOF for being the voice of most of our childhoods.

I know Dennis is probably not going to drive much longer (he really should just straight up say he's retiring) and Tom I feel like he's gonna be not far behind especially if Monster Jam (which I suspect they will next season, at least I hope) get Colton into stadiums instead of arenas.

7 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

Scott Douglass has officially retired. (Instagram morons think he's getting fired because "THEY WANT SUM1 NEW FUGG FELD" not because... y'know.. he's at retirement age). Figured this day was coming, he's been honestly a non-entity for the last three or so years and you can tell he was getting up to the retirement point. Hopefully he'll get a place in the MTHOF for being the voice of most of our childhoods.

Considering he's been doing commentary since the early 90's, doesn't surprise me one bit.

1 minute ago, Pink Guy said:

Even earlier, he was there at the start of Tuff Trax/Power Trax back in the mid 80s

So we're talking at least 40 years right then and there, and there's still people complaining. He started in his early 20's, +40 years that's 60+. I honestly think those Instagram kids need to do some research before they open their mouths.

Just now, Mr. Self Destruct said:

So we're talking at least 40 years right then and there, and there's still people complaining. He started in his early 20's, +40 years that's 60+. I honestly think those Instagram kids need to do some research before they open their mouths.

30 years (There's a reason Grave Digger was celebrating the 35th not 45th Anniversary) but still Scott was in his 30s when it started. I mean Army Armstrong stopped commentating in the late 90s and Scott kept going for 17 more years. And asking the Instards to do an ounce of research is like trying to put a jet liner through the eye of the needle. Try all you want, it ain't happening. Sun rises in the east and preteens will be morons (I know, I was one). 

32 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

30 years (There's a reason Grave Digger was celebrating the 35th not 45th Anniversary) but still Scott was in his 30s when it started. I mean Army Armstrong stopped commentating in the late 90s and Scott kept going for 17 more years. And asking the Instards to do an ounce of research is like trying to put a jet liner through the eye of the needle. Try all you want, it ain't happening. Sun rises in the east and preteens will be morons (I know, I was one). 

Yeah my bad, I was 10 years ahead.

And it's a shame that people can't do research on the topic they know nothing about before they try and say something.

i feel like Dennis isnt going to retire but do shows here and there if hes up to it, i dont mind if he retires because hes at that age and its better for his health but he probably still wants to keep going as long as he cans but take it at his own pace 

7 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

So apparently Scott ISNT retiring according to Ryan LaCosse? Even though he posted an Insta photo that was phrased like he was... okay can we please just have both him and Dennis announce their retirement formally? I love them both but this constant waning them while not announcing an actual retirement is getting annoying

Scott was just doing commentary for the World Finals 18 episodes on FS1. One in which, did not air yet as of the time I'm making this post. Seeing as how he's likely going to do commentary for the Path of Destruction shows this year, I don't see him retiring just yet.

11 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

So apparently Scott ISNT retiring according to Ryan LaCosse? Even though he posted an Insta photo that was phrased like he was... okay can we please just have both him and Dennis announce their retirement formally? I love them both but this constant waning them while not announcing an actual retirement is getting annoying

How about we'll let them retire when they're ready and want to actually retire? Everybody is acting like Douglass is some old decrepit man and Dennis is geriatric. Douglass probably won't be doing any full time announcing anytime soon as he's taken a more managerial type role but if given the opportunity I'm sure he'll jump at getting to announce. After so many years and seeing so much he doesn't get excited much, but he was legitimately excited to do the awards at the World Finals this year. As for Ryan's post, I think it was just a sincere dedication to someone who has worked hard and helped him further his career into places he didn't think were possible. I know some of you may not care for his commentary on TV yet, but Ryan is incredibly passionate about monster trucks so for him to be in the roles that he's been given over the last few years is something that he sees as an honor.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, monsterjam9876 said:

just watched this in my opinion it does not look that bad but idk if this is a new truck or a new monster energy design. this could be a new ride of todd and coty but if anyone knows and info on this truck let me know this looks pretty cool.

I think that will replace both monster energys. They are advertising the new drink

11 minutes ago, monsterjam9876 said:

that kind of sucks seance they just came out with the new monster energy designs. it would be cool if they keep the normal monster energy and put the new ones in the triple threat tour.

Welcome to the world of advertising and product promotion, doesn't matter how long you've used something, it can be gone in an instant. They spend a lot of money to have their name on the side of those trucks, and their gonna design them however they want. Feld wont say no to one of their biggest sponsors.  

I don't think they could have made that livery any more boring if they tried. Mutant is alright, the red one is the better of the two. Also it doesn't matter how much they spend on advertising if the product is impossible to find. I've seen it in one store.