Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

that is old news, there was a super old MT forum that was just a pooshow for industry people to rake each other over the coals. Rich's name came up several times.

Hey at least its public now that he's a knobhead

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

At Super cross in Salt Lake last night the Diesel Brothers showed up and I think it was Heavy D that announced they were going to build a diesel powered monster truck for Monster Jam. Very Interesting.

and then feld is like "nope. if you want to build a monster truck for monster jam that is diesel powered! you need to either not compete in mj! or we gotta do what we did with xdp! YA HEAR!" just thought that would be a fun thing to say lol

6 hours ago, tyrannos said:

and then feld is like "nope. if you want to build a monster truck for monster jam that is diesel powered! you need to either not compete in mj! or we gotta do what we did with xdp! YA HEAR!" just thought that would be a fun thing to say lol

The diesel powered XDP can't compete in closed arenas/stadiums because of the exhaust. It's dangerous for spectators/officials alike. It's like running your car exhaust in a closed room (not good). That's why you only see the original XDP at jamborees and outdoor shows - the exhaust has somewhere to go. Dave Radzierez probably wanted to run with MJ so he put a different body and engine on the truck. I don't think Dave would run the truck in a closed stadium either.  

So unless this new diesel truck doesn't give off as much exhaust as XDP does, I guess it'll only be an outdoor truck.

1 hour ago, bkelly said:

The diesel powered XDP can't compete in closed arenas/stadiums because of the exhaust. It's dangerous for spectators/officials alike. It's like running your car exhaust in a closed room (not good). That's why you only see the original XDP at jamborees and outdoor shows - the exhaust has somewhere to go. Dave Radzierez probably wanted to run with MJ so he put a different body and engine on the truck. I don't think Dave would run the truck in a closed stadium either.  

So unless this new diesel truck doesn't give off as much exhaust as XDP does, I guess it'll only be an outdoor truck.

Uhm no XDP totally can compete in arenas, competed in Roanoke two weekends ago

12 hours ago, tyrannos said:

Dude, you really need to STFU about that. Nobody gives a sh!t if it runs diesel or not. Ffs man, it's a god damn monster truck. Who cares!

9 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

Yes, but with a non diesel powered engine. He ran the name but he's been running that motor all year in Monster Jam. Same thing with running in Detroit and Minneapolis.

13 hours ago, bkelly said:

perhaps it a Eco diesel (even though it sounds lame AF), the filters it has reduces the emissions that it produces and if I am correct almost removes the idea of rolling coal.

14 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

with a alcohol blown motor ya. you are not going to see a monster truck powered by a diesel engine running indoor shows for FELD, they smoke like a freight train and a typical RII will not shut a diesel off if it becomes a run away.

17 hours ago, bkelly said:

Show me one diesel truck that makes that much horsepower without producing smoke. 

4 hours ago, cp2013 said:

perhaps it a Eco diesel (even though it sounds lame AF), the filters it has reduces the emissions that it produces and if I am correct almost removes the idea of rolling coal.

Those filters also reduce air/exhaust flow intern restricting performance. 

This XDP thing has me confused, if they don't allow Dave to drive a Diesel indoors then why does he use a regular engine in outdoor stadiums (El paso as an example)? I did see a post about the RII and I think the truck can have an RII in a Diesel. IMO Dave should do what he wants in outdoor stadiums, and if I am correct he is an independent truck, so that helps a bit too. I would prefer not to be judged about the last part I just wanted to state my opinion.

34 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

This XDP thing has me confused, if they don't allow Dave to drive a Diesel indoors then why does he use a regular engine in outdoor stadiums (El paso as an example)? I did see a post about the RII and I think the truck can have an RII in a Diesel. IMO Dave should do what he wants in outdoor stadiums, and if I am correct he is an independent truck, so that helps a bit too. I would prefer not to be judged about the last part I just wanted to state my opinion.

He has run many indoor shows this year for both Monster Jam and other promoters. It is absolutely impractical to run an alcohol engine indoors one week and switch to a diesel engine the next week. It makes much more sense to switch back to a diesel engine after he is done all of his indoor shows, so he can do the outdoor summer shows with a diesel truck. 
And yes, the truck has an RII while running either engine, it just becomes much more difficult when something goes wrong in a diesel engine.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:42 AM, TheRetroStyle said:

MonsterJamFilms got all of his Monster Jam videos taken down, so because of that he is losing subscribers fast.

Considering he spent the entire first quarter working with/for Feld I cant understand why they suddenly disappeared. /endsarcasm 

• Upvote 1