Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Goin' to MetLife Stadium on Saturday, and the weather's looking very questionable. Some sources say we're gonna get rain, while others say a white sky. I just hope that the latter is the one that's correct, or even better.

Welp, the time's come again folks. My annual review/rant post on MetLife Stadium:

Party in the Pits: Was almost cancelled due to inclement weather before opening. Thankfully it held up for the entire time it was open, and for safety reasons, El Toro Loco was not hung on a crane this year. Overall good pit party despite threatening weather.

Racing: First time I got to witness a Chicago style course in MetLife. I was amazed by how nobody crashed, although El Toro vs Crusader in Round 1 was crazy. Transmission problems for Mad Scientist threatened to send Lee O'Donnell packing after his Round 1 race, but he returned for 2 Wheel. Tom Meents ended up winning the bracket, and ended his interview by saying "The 11 time champion is back." Hell yeah!

2 Wheel Tricks: Adam was the first one out, and almost repeated Foxboro, this time wrecking. BJ Johnson was just about to win it when Todd LeDuc in Mutant blew it for him. Several competitors tried out the bicycle, and LeDuc almost rammed into a dumpster when he did it.

Freestyle: For only a 14 truck field, everyone gave it hell. Matt Pagliarulo had huge air, as did Linsey Weenk, who ended up getting stuck in the dirt close to the backflip ramp. BJ Johnson had a great run, as did Bryce Kenny and Lee O'Donnell. The BIG highlights, however, came from Todd LeDuc and Tom Meents. LeDuc had massive air and an awesome save, while Meents also caught huge air, and pulled out a save that made me want to yell HAS THIS GUY GONE BERSERK!? (You'll see exactly why when you see what happened). With that epic run, Meents won Freestyle, but just missed the Overall win to Todd LeDuc and Mutant.

Final Rating - 9.25/10 -  Amazing show, but I would call it only equally as good as 2014. Next MetLife Stadium show is on April 21.

EDIT: Looks like I goofed -- Meents took the Overall win by 1 point https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/results/east-rutherford-nj-june-17-2017-metlife-stadium

just finished watching both Foxboro and Metlife shows on youtube. I just wanna quick leave this here:

The Two Wheel Skills Competition is genius! I love it so much. Its so exciting. It gives arena stars the spotlight and it gives stadium veterans something to work on (Candice Jolly, Buetow, and O'Donnell are a few good examples). Its just so creative. Like, I thought it was cool how Tom did something no one else would think of and he bent the rules and did a donut...but on two wheels! I hope this competition is brought to stadium events from the regular season because I love this!