Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

I think the format is all race, all do the "Two Wheeled Trick" competition and all do freestyle obviously. Hoping it's a good show, looks like Mother Nature won't damper it like last year (even though I skipped this year)

Must have qualified last night. Straight into round 1. Track is to slippery. Turn before cars is way to tight. 2 penalies so far for missing ramp

7 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

They slinging mud up like last year? I know with last year after a few passes the track became much easier to manage

Eh, its slippery but not muddy. Bkt arent helping.  Wish they would have qualified so track didnt damper moving on. Instead of basing it off last week

stome crusher and hooked are just as loud if a lil bit louder then the mufflers. Sound a helluva lot better too. Oh well,

also it looks like the dirt was intended for rain. Its looks gravely and extremely dusty

France Highlights:

Chad Tingler and Cynthia Gauthier attempted their first backflips; neither came out successful, although Cynthia came close.

Alx Danielsson may be a potential nominee for Crash Madness next year after a wild crash in his freestyle.

Becky McDonough almost repeated her World Finals racing crash in Freestyle. Only difference is that she didn't shred the body the process, and the front end was totaled, but not snapped apart.

Bari Musawwir took the Overall win, which included a Racing victory over Neil Elliott in the finals.

25 minutes ago, Double.D ッ said:

For anyone wondering why Tom was shut off and not allowed to refire, here's why.

https://www.facebook.com/deltondowker/videos/10156364836197576/

I've only ever worked arena shows, but in every meeting I've been in its made clear that as soon as chunks of dirt go into the crowd, you're done.

That could be true in arenas but i can remember West lebanon 2016 Adam through tons of mud into the crowd and wasnt shut off, 

11 hours ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

That could be true in arenas but i can remember West lebanon 2016 Adam through tons of mud into the crowd and wasnt shut off, 

That was watery, muddy since it rained like hell last year. It's not even close to muddy in Nashville, and the trucks can sling huge chunks of dirt into the stands.

On that Tom Meents clip, a giant clump of dirt flew into the stands and hit a young child on the head. You can actually see it happen on the left side of the screen and you can see the father and child screaming and panicking. I heard it was described almost as a rock hard substance, and if that's true, that is very dangerous. Could have been another Natural High incident but I am glad nothing came of it. 

2 hours ago, Connor Richardson said:

On that Tom Meents clip, a giant clump of dirt flew into the stands and hit a young child on the head. You can actually see it happen on the left side of the screen and you can see the father and child screaming and panicking. I heard it was described almost as a rock hard substance, and if that's true, that is very dangerous. Could have been another Natural High incident but I am glad nothing came of it. 

during 2 wheel?

9 hours ago, Connor Richardson said:

yeah, right after he flipped onto 4 wheels, there's a dude in gray who is holding his crying and/or screaming son. pretty intense stuff tbh it could have been a lot worse if it was a rock that got kicked up

Yeah kicked up mud is hard af. Actually hurts sometimes. I've been to a few junk car races and the mud they kicked up would go into the stands a few times and it feels like plastic BB pellets hitting you.

• Upvote 1