Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

2 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

I think he's still had it back behind his shop (because if it was in the hands of FELD it would've been scrapped by now), just hasn't done anything since 06. They probably bought it off of him and doing who knows what with it (betting a mega truck)

If what he said on the post is true, he's actually gonna build it back up as a monster.

Razin Kane #1 was built in house which is now the Xtermigator display truck but it is show ready, Roy Pridgen built chassis #2 which is the current Xtermigator, chassis #3 was built by Dan Patrick and is the current Razin Kane truck driven by Buddy Tompkins, chassis #4 was also a Dan Patrick build and is the current Ice Cream Man driven by Roy, and chassis #5 is currently being built by Off Road Innovations Central Florida and is said to be a new truck running with the current three in competition. 

1 hour ago, Garrett Hanson said:

@racingrichardYT  he's not retiring he's just not competing at WF anymore

And when you think about it, this isn't really a bad thing. Let's say Dennis hadn't competed at WF1 - through about 13, there would have been an outrage but the talent has all around grown. Did not having Meents/Anderson at this World Finals make the show not worth it? Of course not (although with Meents competing the way he has been this summer there isn't a reason why he shouldn't be back next year unless he gets injured again). And if Dennis doesn't want to compete anymore, that's fine and makes total sense. I feel like we're starting to see a bulk of the "first generation" guys leave who have made it this far. Runte, Dennis, Porter, Dan Patrick. Nothing against those guys, I bet it hurts them more that they aren't able to give fans the same entertainment they were 2-3 years ago but your body can only take so much (especcially the guys who spent 5-6 years driving leafers).

And hold on is Randy Moore driving in Bristol? He's at their media day with a race suit.

1 hour ago, Hornetguy97 said:

*After Brad Allen said I quit, and Jim said it's just a planetary vid*

I don't really know what the purpose of this video is, but the title of it suggests that there may be drama at hand, and something like that isn't cool at all to film and especially not post.You got lucky enough to go back into the actual pits after the show, and that's totally cool, but you have to be mature about it... I don't know if Brad was joking when he said he "quit" or if may have been serious, but regardless that is not something you joke about. Yes monster trucks are way different than most jobs, but in the end, Jim is trying to run a business and earn a living and Behind the scenes like this you have to understand that. If you guys ever encounter drama behind the scenes, just leave it there. It isn't you business nor should it stir the pot of drama around the racing community.