Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

In other news Zane Rettew showing why they don't run the scorpion tail as he rolls over Stinger at the Buck Motorsports Park (first time I think this has ever happened there) and still keeps going, proving once again why he's one of the hardest running indies out there today (seriously FELD get him in stadiums next year, he can do work)

8 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Brad said it in a joking fashion. Missed half of convo, ill just take it down. Bad title too, my mistake

And I totally get it, I'm not trying to be mean at all! I figured he was joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a bunch of keyboard/instagram warrior 10 year olds posting about the "Big fight and blowout between Jim and Brad" :lol:

4 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Watching this makes me feel like a little kid again, love the commentary (shades of Army lol).

Nostalgia is so warm and fuzzy, thanks for the link PG! 

No prob! Hopefully there's a livestream for Charlotte next month since that is commonly the bigger show (especially since the show has a bigger field, it's Bristol's lineup sans War Wizard but plus Team Anson (Heavy Hitter and Basher) and Saigon Shaker)

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

In other news Zane Rettew showing why they don't run the scorpion tail as he rolls over Stinger at the Buck Motorsports Park (first time I think this has ever happened there) and still keeps going, proving once again why he's one of the hardest running indies out there today (seriously FELD get him in stadiums next year, he can do work)

It's his hometown show and the fans absolutely love him there so he'll give it a little extra to sell some more merch and keep everyone coming back for more. He's got another show in the area that he's putting on in a couple months so it doesn't hurt either to have everyone looking forward to seeing what Stinger does next time at a bigger place. As for putting him in stadiums, from the little bit of time I've spent talking to him he's not all that interested in doing stadiums. The trucks work great in smaller arenas as they don't have quite the horsepower as others, and he's able to get a schedule running arenas that will keep him closer to home.

15 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

No prob! Hopefully there's a livestream for Charlotte next month since that is commonly the bigger show (especially since the show has a bigger field, it's Bristol's lineup sans War Wizard but plus Team Anson (Heavy Hitter and Basher) and Saigon Shaker)

I doubt there will be a live stream for Charlotte. The dirt track doesn't have a video board or live in-house video production capabilities that I know of.

I crewed for Cory and Mike in Bristol last night, was definetly a tough show on trucks. War Wizard was running an older body because its a hometown show for them so if they rolled it wasnt a loss. RJ drove War Wizard for the qualifying pass (folded a 4 link, broke a drive shaft and bent a shock) and Randy Moore came out and did donuts for freestyle with only rear wheel drive, and just donuted until the rear end let go. Freestyle was good, Mike only made one jump in Wrecking Crew before breaking a 4 link, Quad and Dirt Crew had good runs- Quick side note, Tim Mizentis drove Dirt Crew, has apparently been driving Dirt Crew and will continue to be driving it (including Charlotte), Cory had a good run going until the flat and then the tranny got hot (Just incase your keeping track, thats a total of 6 flat tires for Team Scream, 2 for Mike, 2 for Jim, 2 for Cory lol), Hooked had a great run and had one huge jump, side slapped, and actually hit so hard he bent the rim and blew like a 8 inch piece of rubber out of the Sidewall of a BKT. It was a good show, I had fun. Larry Swim in Bigfoot won racing, and Steve Sims in Stone Crusher won freestyle

1 hour ago, NitroMenace said:

I crewed for Cory and Mike in Bristol last night, was definetly a tough show on trucks. War Wizard was running an older body because its a hometown show for them so if they rolled it wasnt a loss. RJ drove War Wizard for the qualifying pass (folded a 4 link, broke a drive shaft and bent a shock) and Randy Moore came out and did donuts for freestyle with only rear wheel drive, and just donuted until the rear end let go. Freestyle was good, Mike only made one jump in Wrecking Crew before breaking a 4 link, Quad and Dirt Crew had good runs- Quick side note, Tim Mizentis drove Dirt Crew, has apparently been driving Dirt Crew and will continue to be driving it (including Charlotte), Cory had a good run going until the flat and then the tranny got hot (Just incase your keeping track, thats a total of 6 flat tires for Team Scream, 2 for Mike, 2 for Jim, 2 for Cory lol), Hooked had a great run and had one huge jump, side slapped, and actually hit so hard he bent the rim and blew like a 8 inch piece of rubber out of the Sidewall of a BKT. It was a good show, I had fun. Larry Swim in Bigfoot won racing, and Steve Sims in Stone Crusher won freestyle

I thought Jerry looked a bit younger than usual. Charlotte will be interesting since I dont know if Kevin Lewis still drives Basher

13 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

I thought Jerry looked a bit younger than usual. Charlotte will be interesting since I dont know if Kevin Lewis still drives Basher

I dont think he does, dont think hes driven it in awhile

5 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

I dont think he does, dont think hes driven it in awhile

For the first half of the summer it was Stevie Snellen behind the wheel again, then last I saw the truck it was someone named Jesse. They literally didn't even give him a last name so I have no clue.

38 minutes ago, NavySonicShell said:

For the first half of the summer it was Stevie Snellen behind the wheel again, then last I saw the truck it was someone named Jesse. They literally didn't even give him a last name so I have no clue.

What even happened with Kevin? Figured this was his comeback yet as soon as TMTT ended he was gone again. Shame Anson can't seem to keep a consistent second driver (the Creten dilemma as I like to call it)

1 minute ago, Pink Guy said:

What even happened with Kevin? Figured this was his comeback yet as soon as TMTT ended he was gone again. Shame Anson can't seem to keep a consistent second driver (the Creten dilemma as I like to call it)

I know Stevie doesn't like travelling far to shows or anything so he tends to do closer ones, my guess it Kevin is for the first quarter maybe? I really don't know. I'm just kinda glad Vern is out of the seat tbh.