Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Thoughts of Stafford (Saturday Afternoon):

Racing:

SCOTT BUETOW MADE IT TO THE RACING FINALS. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. Anyhoo, he would lose to Gary, but OH BOY just imagine what it would've been had he won. WOW. Other than that huge shocker, it all pretty much went as expected; Pablo, Gary, and Zane all advanced to the Semis.

Donuts;

Unsurprisingly, Pablo took the win in this one. Paul sadly couldn't get a true donut going, while Zane also struggled. The other 5 were very close in scores, all in the 8 area, but it was Kevin who got the upper hand out of the five, taking second.

Wheelies:

Not only did Gary take the win here, but what may be surprising is that Pablo struggled. Paul got last in this one, while Zane and Scott pulled off OK runs. I honestly thought Steven should've won this, but Gary winning is also fine by me.

Freestyle:

Here's where we get to the controversy; some think that Kayla should've won, while others say the win should've gone to either Steven or Scott. Though they all pulled off great runs, I actually believe Steven should've taken it over Pablo. Reasons being that he had bigger air, more highlights, and overall just a slightly better run. Kayla and Pablo both gave awesome runs, but in the end, I think Steven ultimately had the better run of the three.

It was a great Saturday afternoon. Won't be recapping all shows because then that'd be considered spam. Can't wait to see what happens with Hagerstown, and hopefully Gary is able to take a few more wins.

Thought what Monster Jam was doing was cool, might as well share. In Sunrise, the BB&T Center never sells out for MJ. Not even close. So what they did was only sell lower levels. once those were close to selling out, they opened three sections on the upper level. So far they just did this for Saturday Afternoon, as that is the most popular time slot.

Really hoping they have dirt for the first time, they're bringing ATVs and Speedsters so I think Sunrise get's dirt for the first time!

Sorry about the mild Sunrise spam by the way, this is one of the highlights of the year for Monster Jam year for me, as I live an hour away.

15 minutes ago, litl_e_fan said:

Spin Master will be Monster Jam's official toy partner beginning in 2019. 

http://kidscreen.com/2017/07/28/spin-master-welcomes-monster-jam-into-portfolio/

Instagram kids are TRIGGERED. 

Well... Scott is getting a new truck... 

Not gonna lie, gonna miss Hot Wheels. They've made some really nice trucks over the years. Hope these new ones are at least decent. I can understand the IG kids tho. Most of them have been collecting for years and have built up quite the collection.

39 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

I'm being optimistic considering Spin Master does NASCAR Authentics and those are pretty solid but my overwhelming gut instinct says it's gonna be downgraded cheap tat 

The current NASCAR Authentics line is produced by Lionel, who also makes the non-retail stuff. Spin Master made them from 2011-2015. 

Canadian toymaker Spin Master is set to become the global master toy partner for Monster Jam beginning in 2019.

Global master toy partner definitely makes it seem like there is no chance of them co-existing with Hot Wheels.

I'm gonna rant so long post incoming

I'm actually surprised people didn't see this coming, Mattel's agreement had expired in 2012 and MJ extended it until 2018, so there was some warning to this possibly happening.

Yet I'm also surprised MJ is just dumping Hot Wheels. I mean seriously, those guys have done some impressive stuff in the last two years. And this was obviously just a move for more money.

Heres what sucks about this, if all the collectors who've been loyal fans and have  been giving MJ/Hot Wheels our money for 17 years didn't buy the new toys, MJ wouldn't care, they'd have a new generation of kids growing up to buy the new toys for ten years until they do the same to them to gain revenue.

I do wonder how short Mattel's leash has been and for how long. I mean the 2015 line wasn't great, the 2016 line was great and the 2017 line was even better. 

Unless Mattel dropped MJ, which wouldn't make sense because the die casts have been a money maker. The only way they've lost money is probably with all the extra toys.

The other way this might of happened was MJ selling the rights to the highest bidder, with Mattel finding the bid not worth it and Spin Masters finding a license worth it as they know it'll cash in,  however, I wonder if they've anticipated all of the HW fans to resist it this much. 

Maybe, just maybe Bigfoot will get an agreement with Hot Wheels. And maybe they'd keep the same molds so that they become compatible with the ones sold from 2000-2017. They did it with Traxxas. That would really stir up Felds pot. Do it Bob, you've got nothing to lose. People will buy Bigfoot toys if they stay consistent with what Mattels been selling us.

Honestly though these Instagrammers are taking this wayyyy to far. They've renamed their accounts to things like f*** Feld and are just going off, somehow finding a way to scream through the keyboard. They're worried that Scott will be fired (which won't happen, he's one of MJ's best drivers, and if he goes, then there is some serious internal issues at MJ). Some people are selling off their collections (which you shouldn't, just because they won't be made doesn't mean they aren't worth still keeping).

And I'd never buy new toys, I'm not trying to be stubborn, but I've collected these because they're Hot Wheels. And I've been collecting for as long as I can remember. And for the sake of consisitency, but I'm sure these new toys would never be the same as Hot Wheels.

And shoot, I've just realized something. MJ has gotten a lot of free publicity with all of these collectors and you tubers showing off their collections, which brings in more customers. With all of these public collectors (especially the ones who do the "sign up series") saying they won't buy new ones, MJ loses that publicity and their new toy line won't have much momentum. Until this new generation that they're banking on gets old enough to begin promoting the toys themselves (which will be 10 years, conveniently the same time the new license runs for) there won't be much of anything for these new toys except for the little kids, and MJ will have to begin promoting their toys themselves full time, as all the previous HW collectors won't buy the new ones and the kids buying them won't have youtubes/social media. 

At least this whole situation doubles my collection value.

Is really funny to see the instagram kids fighting and saying "love feld, feld sucks #bringbackmattel, etc" seriously i dont see the point of fighting for a contract that already has been signed, gonna miss hotwheels still. The trucks they have been making were solid and im not sure what will happen with Scott Buetow, probably will be in a "spin master" truck or any other truck :/