Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

3 hours ago, NCLBreakaway said:

Steven Sims Jr is replacing Coty Saucier in Mutant. Steven will be at Salinas Reno Hagerstown. Monster Jam posted a video of Steven in the crew shirt with schedule attached. Going to be awesome to meet him and see him drive in July at Hagerstown! But I wonder whats going on with Coty... Hmm... 

Woo! second year in a row an M.E truck is at hagerstown! (i still count mutant as M.E) and it's steven!

54 minutes ago, tyrannos said:

Woo! second year in a row an M.E truck is at hagerstown! (i still count mutant as M.E) and it's steven!

Yup!! This will be my first time at Hagerstown but I followed social media wise last year. I am soo pumped! Woot woot!

Coty is doing Europe shows in Monster Energy while Steven Sims is driving Mutant in the U.S. 
I don't know what will happen after the European tour, but Coty definitely isn't cut and he certainty isn't a full time chassis builder.

51 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

Coty is doing Europe shows in Monster Energy while Steven Sims is driving Mutant in the U.S. 
I don't know what will happen after the European tour, but Coty definitely isn't cut and he certainty isn't a full time chassis builder.

But this is what doesn't make any sense to me: Steven (at least as of last checking the lineups) is driving Pirate's Curse for the European shows as well as driving the Ford Mutant, so why would they switch one driver out of their truck (at least logically Coty should have gone to the Ford Mutant as Todd went to the Cadillac Mutant) for another when both will be flying out to Europe? I can't imagine they'd put Mutant on Steven's chassis 

24 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

Why not? body swaps are easy and they would only have to swap the shocks or rebuild em for Coty

I'd have guessed they shipped Steven's chassis off last year (like what they did with Chad's Alien Invasion and Scott's Dragon chassis IIRC) after WF17 and have kept it overseas for the winter but I could be way off

this is a really dumb question but what ever happend to hooked. i havent see that truck for awhile. is it just becuase i dident watch the 2016 season. becuase last i saw or heard of him sense 2015. did feld get rid of that truck becuase i loved that truck.

21 minutes ago, monsterjam9876 said:

this is a really dumb question but what ever happend to hooked. i havent see that truck for awhile. is it just becuase i dident watch the 2016 season. becuase last i saw or heard of him sense 2015. did feld get rid of that truck becuase i loved that truck.

A: Not FELD owned, is the teammate to Stone Crusher so independently owned

B: Yes it's still around, now driven by Bryan Wright and competed in the FS1 East Tour this year

Just now, Pink Guy said:

A: Not FELD owned, is the teammate to Stone Crusher so independently owned

B: Yes it's still around, now driven by Bryan Wright and competed in the FS1 East Tour this year

ok hes just changing trucks so much that i thought he was not driving anymore. and i forgot he drove in the FS1 tour this year i dont realy watch monster jam on tv that much so i forgot.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, NCLBreakaway said:

Yup!! This will be my first time at Hagerstown but I followed social media wise last year. I am soo pumped! Woot woot!

nice dude! what day? im gonna be at the sunday show

19 hours ago, steiale said:

Looks the Aftershock team might have been bought

Kinda, Bob Robbins is selling off both of his current trucks to build new ones; this here was the old Krazy Train, he's still trying to get Aftershock sold iirc. Also just to be clear, Robbins is keeping both the Aftershock and Krazy Train names to run on the new trucks.

4 hours ago, CMDeerfoot said:

Kinda, Bob Robbins is selling off both of his current trucks to build new ones; this here was the old Krazy Train, he's still trying to get Aftershock sold iirc. Also just to be clear, Robbins is keeping both the Aftershock and Krazy Train names to run on the new trucks.

Oh wow. Didn't know he was getting new ones. I thought he was done because that's how he made it sound when I asked him about it in Milwaukee. But it makes sense since those trucks are getting up there in age.