Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Just now, enjoyingorc6742 said:

hope for Bigfoot 1 and maybe a restored GD #1

I doubt Bigfoot 1 ( but I'll still hope).

Come to think of it, the Andersons did just 'restore' one of their oldest trucks. I think FELD is definitely going to start doing something with these oldies. 

And Im ok with it. Their making a lot of changes this year that I think are pretty good. An overall series is a bit intense in terms of the number of tours, but more drivers will get a more fair chance for Vegas. The removal of all of the secondary bodies is what it is; Monster Jam trucks only had one design per truck before 2013 and everything was fine. I don't like seeing all of the gun references being taken out, but I guess that might change over time. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bkelley said:

Monster Jam trucks only had one design per truck before 2013 and everything was fine.

To some extent I agree with you, but I do disagree on some aspects. 

The different bodies provide a sense of individuality to that driver. At the world finals, the different bodies helped with driver identification (But I still think the flags did a good job of that). The different colored El Toro Loco and the Max-D bodies set those drivers apart from one another, and gave them kinda their own identity. This holds true with Dennis' chrome body compared to the rest of the Digger fleet. IMO, I kinda think if they're doing away with the secondary colored bodies, then there shouldn't be a MM Dalmatian or Rottweiler as even tho they're separate trucks, they still kinda in a way are a different paint job from the original Mutt. If a driver from a multi truck team qualifies for Vegas, slap a different body on their chassis, and let them run on their own. 

8 minutes ago, steiale said:

To some extent I agree with you, but I do disagree on some aspects. 

The different bodies provide a sense of individuality to that driver. At the world finals, the different bodies helped with driver identification (But I still think the flags did a good job of that). The different colored El Toro Loco and the Max-D bodies set those drivers apart from one another, and gave them kinda their own identity. This holds true with Dennis' chrome body compared to the rest of the Digger fleet. IMO, I kinda think if they're doing away with the secondary colored bodies, then there shouldn't be a MM Dalmatian or Rottweiler as even tho they're separate trucks, they still kinda in a way are a different paint job from the original Mutt. If a driver from a multi truck team qualifies for Vegas, slap a different body on their chassis, and let them run on their own. 

yeah but they kinda abused the different trucks, they seem to find a truck thats popular and then make five billion different color schemes of the truck and now if feels like they are aiming to see how many grave diggers and maxds they can get into the wf 

You are completely and entirely missing the point if that is what you think is the reason. Just stop and actually think about it. Why is it that there are multiple Digger's and Max-D's at Vegas? Could it be that the drivers of them happen to be the best in the business? Neil Elliot, Morgan Kane, Cole Venard, Coty Saucier, Coloton Eichelberger and to lesser extents Charlie Paukens would be riding the bench if we went back to the one digger, max-d at vegas per year. Why should they be forced into another truck with a different identity just to participate? That is not fair to the actual driver of that truck regardless if they do not deserve a spot at Vegas and if they do that usually means they have to use a different truck or drape a body that does not fit (drastically effecting sightlines from in the cab and trust me, that shit makes a big difference when you come roaring into Sam Boyd at 60+mph strapped in tight wearing a Hans device).

I go to Vegas to see the best drivers perform at the best show of the year, I do not care about the name on the truck they drive, I want them to be 100% comfortable to do their thing and provide me with the maximum amount of entertainment.

• Upvote 7