Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

9 minutes ago, bkelley said:

Is there any word on a rescheduling of the Atlanta/Houston show in January? Both of those cities' NFL teams are in the playoffs and the Houston Texans are at home the weekend of Jan. 7 and there's a possibility of the Atlanta Falcons being at home the same weekend or the weekend of Jan. 14. Both of these weekends have Monster Jam scheduled as well.

My hope is they push it forward to January 7th. I mean none of the trucks will be running that weekend, and there's nothing scheduled at the Dome at that time

56 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

My hope is they push it forward to January 7th. I mean none of the trucks will be running that weekend, and there's nothing scheduled at the Dome at that time

They'll need to wait until next week. If the Seahawks lose next week then the Falcons' game will be the 14th and if the Falcons lose then the game will be on the 7th (and their playing the Saints so I doubt they'll lose next week).

Tony Ochs and Black Ops won't be running for a while. Tony is going on the road with the Marvel Universe Live Tour in Scotland. Still nothing on Scott Liddycoat and Steven Sims but at this point I don't think they're going to be on tour. 

As Alex said.

Statement from Tony Ochs:

My Marvel Universe Live superhero buddies have summoned me to help keep their motorcycles in top shape for January starting in Glasgow, Scotland! Soldier Fortune Black Ops and Monster Jam will have to wait! Stay tuned for future Monster Jam dates! Check out marveluniverselive.com for the remainder of the European schedule!

I feel like next year will be mostly a transition year for FELD. I'm not saying that MJ will suffer; I think it'll be interesting to watch the first quarter play out and which drivers come through. 

Anyways, I feel like they are kind of scaling back in terms of drivers & bodies and planning for long-term. Especially with the budget cuts I've heard about on here, it seems like their trying to get a sense of where they want to take MJ without firing people (as is the case with Ochs & Balhan). I think 2018 will be much better than next year if they want to use this year and plan out for the next few. Again, I am NOT saying 2017 will be bad.

7 minutes ago, bkelley said:

I feel like next year will be mostly a transition year for FELD. I'm not saying that MJ will suffer; I think it'll be interesting to watch the first quarter play out and which drivers come through. 

Anyways, I feel like they are kind of scaling back in terms of drivers & bodies and planning for long-term. Especially with the budget cuts I've heard about on here, it seems like their trying to get a sense of where they want to take MJ without firing people (as is the case with Ochs & Balhan). I think 2018 will be much better than next year if they want to use this year and plan out for the next few. Again, I am NOT saying 2017 will be bad.

People thought 2015 would be a bad year, but it was awesome! So you never know how a season will play out.

11 minutes ago, Jackattack29 said:

Did FELD release him or was it his own decision?

FELD's been looking to get rid of some of the older drivers for a while now. Duhon, Rod Schmidt, Dustin Brown (still working mechanically), Soza, Krmel, Norm Miller, Liddycoat (he's not on any schedules for 1st quarter, but idk for sure) and others are being released/transferred, which totally sucks cause all them have worked hard to get where they got. FELD wants a bunch of young "marketable" drivers to help their image. That's also why there's an entire tour of rookies for the Triple Threat thing. Mcdonald wasn't even supposed to get a seat until Madusa got hurt. 

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Mcdonald wasn't even supposed to get a seat until Madusa got hurt. 

I know FELD was starting to get rid of the older drivers but wow I'm surprised about McDonald, being the great driver he is I don't know why they would be considering releasing him. I guess 2 words Business and Money