Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Double Post!

Statement from Scott Liddycoat:

With #monsterjams first quarter getting ready to kick off this weekend there has been plenty of the great #dragon fans wondering what is happening with myself and Dragon? Well my firsts quarter has changed a little with my truck overseas awaiting future shows! There will be a second Dragon coming to a city near you so go check it out and show em how wild you guys are! Hopefully I see ya in Vegas at the World Finals

1 hour ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Statement from Scott Liddycoat:

So the defending Young Guns champion may be driving at Vegas (He most likely will but you never know...) without driving since the summer season? Yeah, Kozak is right. Beyond Stupid. Guaranteed it's the same story for Steven Sims. Honestly why have Zimmer drive at all if you're taking the principal driver out of the truck?

2 hours ago, steiale said:

Honestly why have Zimmer drive at all if you're taking the principal driver out of the truck?

1. Zimmer is a full time employee. He works in the Carolina shop as well as works on the trucks during the week instead of just being a fly in driver.

2. It might seem harsh, but Zimmer is flat out a better driver. He's one of the best in the fleet. I don't mean that in any way against Scott, he's a good dude and has talent, but not many can wheel a truck like Zimmer.

The last thing Zimmer would want to do is take somebody's ride. They planned on second a Dragon earlier this year and Zimmer was tapped to drive that one. It wasn't planned for these trucks to not be back in the states by first quarter, unfortunately that's how things played out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, midwestmonster said:

Unpopular opinion here, but they should only do shows in the US, Canada, or Mexico.  It seems like it costs them more money than it makes to have shows there, plus it probably costs a lot to ship trucks back and forth.

I mean if FELD has the money then why not. They wouldnt do it if they didnt make some sort of profit. I dont see why they dont have a europe tour, australian tour and a US tour at the same time. 3 stadium shows per week, 1 on each continent. And then Vegas be at the end of the year around september with like a 3 week down period to get those trucks who won their respective tour at the finals. Thus making it the world finals. Not american finals. 

And i think having 2 stadium shows in the same weekend is dumb. Minneapolis is a perfect example. Sold out so ya dont really want to push the trucks and the sunday the stadium is nearly empty. 

Im aware this will never happen but its worth. 

• Upvote 1