RoR vs. BeamNG.drive

Doomed User

RoR vs. BeamNG.drive  

36 members have voted

1. 1. RoR vs. BeamNG.drive

• RoR, for detail in the maps and trucks (lacking BeamNG.drive level realism)
    • BeamNG.drive, for the detail in the physics and realism (lacking RoR level detail in maps and trucks)

Rigs of Rods, to me, like what @Tom P. said 7 months ago (Sorry for bumping his post), is what Sim-Monsters needs. With the way the forums, downloads, leagues, etc. have been structured, BeamNG just can't handle it as it stands. BeamNG doesn't even have a multiplayer, and from what I've read there won't be for quite some time. RoR has a while yet to be the standard for SM, unless BeamNG develops multiplayer or another game similar to RoR or Beam comes along and is better out of the gate.

• Upvote 1

I fully supported the whole monster truck mod operation and I think they have made a pretty decent truck, but I am less than satisfied with the way they treat people, especially people whose things they used to make the truck. I have complained many times that they aren't giving proper credit, and in some cases, they aren't giving any credit to people who made the mod possible. Every time I tried to get people the credit they deserved, I was given excuses for why they don't need to be credited in the release notes.
They say they are getting proper permission from the original authors, but there is no evidence of them ever contacting the people they claim to have talked to.
I wasn't a big fan of the Sim-Monsters community, but it's definitely improving, and it's definitely a thousand times better than whatever is happening on the BeamNG site.

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

I fully supported the whole monster truck mod operation and I think they have made a pretty decent truck, but I am less than satisfied with the way they treat people, especially people whose things they used to make the truck. I have complained many times that they aren't giving proper credit, and in some cases, they aren't giving any credit to people who made the mod possible. Every time I tried to get people the credit they deserved, I was given excuses for why they don't need to be credited in the release notes.
They say they are getting proper permission from the original authors, but there is no evidence of them ever contacting the people they claim to have talked to.
I wasn't a big fan of the Sim-Monsters community, but it's definitely improving, and it's definitely a thousand times better than whatever is happening on the BeamNG site.

the evidence was in the presets when they were available. back to private development it goes :(

1 hour ago, MJFanatic said:

Preach Bro. Just had a look through the BeamNG thread about the Monster Truck, and it's disgusting some of the things they were saying. I understand that its the internet, and you're expected to have a thick skin, but that is no excuse to throw common decency out the window. I would argue that it almost might be better to begin developing bodies and skins for BeamNG on this site, for those that have it and can handle it. The kids on BeamNG think they are so superior compared to those who like RoR, and you can tell if you look through the discussions.

Either way, throughout all development stages there should be credit given to the people who gave their resources to make the mod possible. Just like on here, when there's a sh.t-ton of props that people use to make excessively detailed trucks, they at least put "Sim Monsters - Props" in the Credits section to denote that little things like switches, swaybars, and minor paints were made by the Sim Monsters community. If BeamNG chooses to take stuff from us, then they should at least credit us or get permission for them to use it. There is absolutely no excuse why someone who gave you a resource for your project should go uncredited.

In other news, why in the blue Hell was this thread bumped lol

Update: I am now the most hated person on the BeamNG website and I possibly got the entire monster truck mod canceled. 

Nobody will listen to me when I try to explain why I felt people weren't being credited properly, instead, they assume that it was my goal to derail the whole project. I've tried to explain myself multiple times, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Apparently this is all my fault because I decided to complain now and not when the mod wasn't even released (Don't know how that works).
Looks like I won't be showing my face on the BeamNG site anymore, looking like it's full time Sim-Monsters for me.

And to sum everything up, this guy is a loser.
28ebab34b6.png

30 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

Update: I am now the most hated person on the BeamNG website and I possibly got the entire monster truck mod canceled. 

Nobody will listen to me when I try to explain why I felt people weren't being credited properly, instead, they assume that it was my goal to derail the whole project. I've tried to explain myself multiple times, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Apparently this is all my fault because I decided to complain now and not when the mod wasn't even released (Don't know how that works).
Looks like I won't be showing my face on the BeamNG site anymore, looking like it's full time Sim-Monsters for me.

And to sum everything up, this guy is a loser.
*stupid post*

I've had the same issue before, but on the topic of people trying to rush content. They are all pretty slow guys around there. The main author of the mod itself is giving more credit, and has removed Steer Clear from the pack, so I'll give him some credit for atleast halfway trying to keep people happy.

13 minutes ago, monsterjam9876 said:

This shows how trigged and stupid the beamng community are

F2YS has to deal with being a single parent, dealing with an ex wife, his job which he's on call 24/7, and he has some serious health issues. modding for beamng was his only way to have fun

1 minute ago, enjoyingorc6742 said:

F2YS has to deal with being a single parent, dealing with an ex wife, his job which he's on call 24/7, and he has some serious health issues. modding for beamng was his only way to have fun

It would still be nice for him to take 10 seconds out of his day to edit a post and type "Sim Monsters - blah blah blah" into the credits.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

It would still be nice for him to take 10 seconds out of his day to edit a post and type "Sim Monsters - blah blah blah" into the credits.

Eh, you also have to think from his perspective. I said this in the BeamNG discord, but people deal with things with varying degrees of success. What may seem simple to you could be a daunting task for someone under stress. i can't speak directly for F2YS, but stress and a pooe   situation can make things very difficult. I sympathize with both sides. Both communities can thrive together with some easy fixes and some give and take here and there. This constant clashing and "it should have been a simple task" stuff really sets everyone back, even though on SM things go as usual. 

• Upvote 1

I love BeamNG, but the community is the worst. This place on its worst day > Beam forums on their best day. Thankfully now that they've been exposed for stealing content and the mod is apparently cancelled, I've got no reason to read the forums anymore.