im new and got some Q's

gopensgo291

I'm new to ror monster jam  I already know how to get tracks and trucks I'm playing .04 ver

my q's is how come there isn't a lot of .4 tracks

why are the leagues last post in early summer is there anymore coming up

and what are the best .4 tracks and server to play on with people I want to play with a lot

:) thanks

39 minutes ago, gopensgo291 said:

I'm new to ror monster jam  I already know how to get tracks and trucks I'm playing .04 ver

and what are the best .4 tracks and server to play on with people I want to play with a lot

I'll answer your first two questions since Skyliner answered your third.

The reason why there isn't alot of tracks on 4.0 is because there needs to be certain edits in track files in order for them to work on 4.0. While it is easy to make these edits, some other people can't seem to get the track converted. Whether it's a glitch/bug, or they aren't doing it right, I got no idea.

The reason why leagues are posted in the summer is because that's usually when everyone's free and available, since they don't gotta hassle with school.

Anyway, welcome to Sim Monsters.

10 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

I'll answer your first two questions since Skyliner answered your third.

The reason why there isn't alot of tracks on 4.0 is because there needs to be certain edits in track files in order for them to work on 4.0. While it is easy to make these edits, some other people can't seem to get the track converted. Whether it's a glitch/bug, or they aren't doing it right, I got no idea.

The reason why leagues are posted in the summer is because that's usually when everyone's free and available, since they don't gotta hassle with school.

Anyway, welcome to Sim Monsters.

Dammit Trevor you stole my thunder. D:

Just playin, but correct me if I'm wrong, but the tutorial on making tracks is for 0.37, so most people will generally follow that, along the lines that it's also easier. Most of the tracks for 0.4 were either made for 0.37 and converted by them, or converted by another person who asked permission to do so.

Leagues are also hosted by older people. Most of the people who get involved in the community and run leagues and all that good stuff, well, they have jobs. During the summer there is more availability for students and workers alike. People who host them also tend to have to find a day off or run them on the weekends, so they can get off of their job to do it, and even then, it's not enough. Personal life can get in the way, another event can come up, and stuff like this is usually what kills the league, when the host loses interest in running it, and it goes inactive. PPRL never took off, when it was first opened in late 2015, and TVTS has been postponed since February, and TSRacing just hasn't been into hosting it, I'm guessing.

I would get into hosting private servers if you have the right internet for it. Pubic servers, like avrintech, are always crowded, laggy, and the members are always very rude, and tend to not have the common courtesy to use FPS-friendly vehicles.

Welcome to Sim Monsters, hope you enjoy your stay.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Dammit Trevor you stole my thunder. D:

Just playin, but correct me if I'm wrong, but the tutorial on making tracks is for 0.37, so most people will generally follow that, along the lines that it's also easier. Most of the tracks for 0.4 were either made for 0.37 and converted by them, or converted by another person who asked permission to do so.

Leagues are also hosted by older people. Most of the people who get involved in the community and run leagues and all that good stuff, well, they have jobs. During the summer there is more availability for students and workers alike. People who host them also tend to have to find a day off or run them on the weekends, so they can get off of their job to do it, and even then, it's not enough. Personal life can get in the way, another event can come up, and stuff like this is usually what kills the league, when the host loses interest in running it, and it goes inactive. PPRL never took off, when it was first opened in late 2015, and TVTS has been postponed since February, and TSRacing just hasn't been into hosting it, I'm guessing.

I would get into hosting private servers if you have the right internet for it. Pubic servers, like avrintech, are always crowded, laggy, and the members are always very rude, and tend to not have the common courtesy to use FPS-friendly vehicles.

Welcome to Sim Monsters, hope you enjoy your stay.

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

You can convert tracks for 0.4 (there is a tutorial here i think) or you can play in 0.37

Here is a public server where you can play:

Server Name: ror.avrintech.net

Port: 12002

network fatal error establishing network session when I try to join server

1 hour ago, gopensgo291 said:

also if your new-new to the game i suggest downloading .37 you can set it up to were you can use .4 and .37 whenever without having to install each version every time you want to use one and you can use all the tracks and all trucks.

besides that welcome  

34 minutes ago, Imagine_Dragons_fan said:

also if your new-new to the game i suggest downloading .37 you can set it up to were you can use .4 and .37 whenever without having to install each version every time you want to use one and you can use all the tracks and all trucks.

besides that welcome  

how do you download it