Monster Jam for ps4 & Xbox 1

Taurus Racer 13

I don't expect MJ to even consider giving EA rights. MJ has to compete with ODD Games, and to do that they have to sell their games on Steam where ODD sells MTD. EA and Valve don't exactly have nice relations, and if MJ uses EA then they lose the advantage of Steam sales. Sure there's Origin (EA's version of Steam), but more people will buy from Steam.

If you want a developer with EA's level go with 2k Games. The stuff they make is decent quality and they sell on Steam. 

I know this argument is a bit cliche but beamng.drive is also a really decent game for only $25. It's physics are pretty good considering it's a video game. The only negatives to it though are that the game is very hard for computers to handle because of how intensive it is and it isn't free like RoR. beam already has a few monster truck models and I'd imagine someone would come around in the near future and refine the current monster truck beam has. 

4 minutes ago, bkelley said:

I don't expect MJ to even consider giving EA rights. MJ has to compete with ODD Games, and to do that they have to sell their games on Steam where ODD sells MTD. EA and Valve don't exactly have nice relations, and if MJ uses EA then they lose the advantage of Steam sales. Sure there's Origin (EA's version of Steam), but more people will buy from Steam.

If you want a developer with EA's level go with 2k Games. The stuff they make is decent quality and they sell on Steam. 

I know this argument is a bit cliche but beamng.drive is also a really decent game for only $25. It's physics are pretty good considering it's a video game. The only negatives to it though are that the game is very hard for computers to handle because of how intensive it is and it isn't free like RoR. beam already has a few monster truck models and I'd imagine someone would come around in the near future and refine the current monster truck beam has. 

but didnt ea sponsor mtd for a bit before traxxass and it was on steam or was it only because it wasnt there game 

59 minutes ago, Crazyboy335 said:

Yep, EA would suck the game dry and sell it back to us in DLC. Either Codemasters or Turn 10 should take up a monster truck game.

Nah, EA will probably make a mode called MUT (Monster Ultimate Team) and that's where they'll make all of their money from.

I've played a bunch of EA games to know this.

14 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

Nah, EA will probably make a mode called MUT (Monster Ultimate Team) and that's where they'll make all of their money from.

I've played a bunch of EA games to know this.

That's just Madden and Fifa. I don't play Madden UT and I still enjoy the game. And not enough people would play a monster truck UT. EA wouldn't want to waste the money and time to develop that and provide online services for that feature. 

7 hours ago, bkelley said:

That's just Madden and Fifa. I don't play Madden UT and I still enjoy the game. And not enough people would play a monster truck UT. EA wouldn't want to waste the money and time to develop that and provide online services for that feature. 

Well, I can't imagine what would happen if 2K would make it. They've lost a bit in recent years.

7 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

Well, I can't imagine what would happen if 2K would make it. They've lost a bit in recent years.

I don't think they've really "lost a bit." They still have games like Mafia 3 coming out. In fact, a shot at something like a monster truck could help them rebuild to when they were neck and neck with EA.

And I don't think that it's the developer that ruins the game. It's the one giving the guidance. Monster Jam wants arcade style kids game, so they tell the devs they've hired to make an arcade style kids game.

10 minutes ago, bkelley said:

I don't think they've really "lost a bit." They still have games like Mafia 3 coming out. In fact, a shot at something like a monster truck could help them rebuild to when they were neck and neck with EA.

And I don't think that it's the developer that ruins the game. It's the one giving the guidance. Monster Jam wants arcade style kids game, so they tell the devs they've hired to make an arcade style kids game.

I think what Monster Jam doesn't realize is that not only kids follow the sport. If they realized that, maybe they would've made authentic games.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I agree with the general consensus that EA, Turn 10, or code masters should develop a Monster Jam video game. But not just for XBone and PS4. I'd also like to see it developed for the Nintendo Switch and the PC. Aside from that, here are some of the features I'd personally love to see.

First: Multiplayer. A huge factor to consider during the development period. It also makes it so that people can race, freestyle, do wheelie competitions, etc. with one another online. People can also go on tour, and do stuff like simulate the FS1 series, or Triple Threat Series. The player can also create custom tours to go on with a party. The host can pause their tour and be picked back up at a later date in time. This same idea also applies to local multiplayer. Players can also give names to the tours that they created, Like "Path of Destruction Tour East/West."

Second: Destinations. Another factor to deeply consider. What of someone doesn’t want to compete in a large stadium like Ford Field, AT&T Stadium, Angel Stadium? Maybe they want to compete in smaller arenas. For example, the player(s) would want to complete at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. Or in the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. It also gives variety to the player for both offline, and online competitions. Plus, with Atlanta getting a new stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, it would be perfect timing.

Third: What people can do in the game. What if they want to do a Triple Threat Series location or a smaller arena? It opens opportunity and allows them to do wheelie competitions, donut competitions, etc. Also, another feature that people will enjoy having; Track Building. Think of it as Super Mario Maker, but with Monster Jam. People can rebuild tracks from the past, and they can share and download tracks off the internet and play on them. It opens the door for creation. Another feature that people would go crazy for is Truck Customization. Well, a more advanced version of it. They choose the engine style they would want, shocks, body, sponsors, color, etc. They can build it like a truck from the 80's or something like we have today. People can let those creative juices flow and make something great. Players can also share and download truck designs off the internet. 

Fourth: Real-life sponsors within the game. Another easy one, considering that this game is targeting an older audience. It should allow sponsors like Lucas Oil, Monster Energy, and VP Racing Fuels to be in the game, since this would be more like a simulator, as opposed to an arcade game. Think more Forza Motorsport than Mariokart.

Fifth: An offline Career Mode. This one is a no-brainer. The player will have the ability to choose which tour they would like to go on. Like the FS1 East/West or the Triple Threat Series East/Central/West. Either way, this is the road to Las Vegas for the player. They can team up with something like "Team Grave Digger", or run the tour with the truck they made in customization.

Sixth: Extra Information that was left out. In the single event mode, all stadiums/arenas and monster trucks are unlocked from the start. Just like in Madden or Fifa. Also, the player should have the ability to change the skins of the monster trucks themselves. An example of being able to change skins is Avenger, because of the plethora of skins that truck has for the world finals, and over the years. The same idea applies to several different trucks like Monster Mutt, Grave Digger, Max-D, Bounty Hunter, and others. Another example of multiple skins is Monster Mutt. The player can select the Monster Mutt, press the select button, and pick from the various skins like the Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Junkyard Dog, etc. I'm sorry, I couldn't find another place to put this little bit of info.

To make a long story short. It's time to give Monster Jam games the Madden/Forza treatment.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, IamStevenMalley said:

I agree with the general consensus that EA, Turn 10, or code masters should develop a Monster Jam video game. But not just for XBone and PS4. I'd also like to see it developed for the Nintendo Switch and the PC. Aside from that, here are some of the features I'd personally love to see.

First: Multiplayer. A huge factor to consider during the development period. It also makes it so that people can race, freestyle, do wheelie competitions, etc. with one another online. People can also go on tour, and do stuff like simulate the FS1 series, or Triple Threat Series. The player can also create custom tours to go on with a party. The host can pause their tour and be picked back up at a later date in time. This same idea also applies to local multiplayer.

Second: Destinations. Another factor to deeply consider. What of someone doesn’t want to compete in a large stadium like Ford Field, AT&T Stadium, Angel Stadium? Maybe they want to compete in smaller arenas. For example, the player would want to complete at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. Or in the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. It also gives variety to the player for both offline, and online competitions. Plus, with Atlanta getting a new stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, it would be perfect timing.

Third: What people can do in the game. What if they do a Triple Threat Series location or a smaller arena? It opens opportunity and allows them to do wheelie competitions, donut competitions, etc. Also, another feature that people will enjoy having; Track Building. Think of it as Super Mario Maker, but with Monster Jam. People can rebuild tracks from the past, and they can share and download their tracks off the internet and play on them. It opens the door for creation. Another feature that people would go crazy for is Truck Customization. Well, a more advanced version of it. They choose the engine style thy would want, shocks, body, sponsors, color, etc. People can let those creative juices flow and make something great. They can also share and download truck designs off the internet. 

Fourth: Sponsor within the games. Another easy one, considering that this game is targeting an older audience. It should allow sponsors like Lucas Oil, Monster Energy, and VP Racing Fuels to be in the game, since this would be more like a simulator, as opposed to an arcade game. 

Fifth: A Career Mode. This one is a no-brainer. The player will have the ability to choose which tour they would like to go on. Like the FS1 East/West or the Triple Threat Series East/Central/West. Either way, this is the road to Las Vegas for the player.

Sixth: Extra Information that was left out. In the single event mode, all stadiums/arenas and monster trucks are unlocked from the start. Just like in Madden or Fifa. Also, the player should have the ability to change the skins of the monster trucks themselves. An example of being able to change skins is Avenger, because of the plethora of skins that truck has for the world finals, and over the years. The same idea applies to several different trucks like Monster Mutt, Grave Digger, Max-D, Bounty Hunter, and others. Another example of multiple skins is Monster Mutt. The player can select the Monster Mutt, press the select button, and pick from the various skins like the Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Junkyard Dog, etc. I'm sorry, I couldn't find another place to put this little bit of info.

I agree with you, but i would love to see not only a Monster Jam game, i would love to see a game that has all the monster trucks and monster jam trucks (indy trucks and feld trucks together) separating them by era. Like doing a carrer mode with only 1980s trucks or any other era (like Dirt 3). 

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

I agree with you, but i would love to see not only a Monster Jam game, i would love to see a game that has all the monster trucks and monster jam trucks (indy trucks and feld trucks together) separating them by era. Like doing a carrer mode with only 1980s trucks or any other era (like Dirt 3). 

That would be epic considering that this year was Monster Jam's 25th Anniversary. But mainly indy trucks like 2XTreme racing's, Team Scream, Barbarian, etc. those that currently compete in Monster Jam. But the 80's style, that can go under customization and take it from there with older versions of trucks like Grave Digger and Carolina Crusher. But let's be honest, FELD doesn't want anything to do with Bigfoot, and they would technically own the game, and have the final say on who would be in it. But the multiple skins idea do save character slots for trucks worth being in this video game. And do we need four monster mutts having their slots in "Crush it!"? Also, one last thing. The boost feature that was in Path Of Destruction and the other monster jam games, it needs to be omitted from this possible one. Also, I'd love to see the DC and Marvel trucks come into it as DLC, assuming that FELD can get the licenses and permission to do so of course.

Edited by IamStevenMalley